Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy plan: deletion of shortest cycle & determination of call horizon

Private_Member_28603
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I'm facing a weird situation on a strategy plan:

Initially I had following packages assigned in the task list: 1, 3 & 12 months. There have also been calls for the 1 month package.

In the meanwhile I have deleted the 1 month package from the task list and only 3 and 12 months is active.

When I take a look in IP10 at the next plan and call dates, I recognize that the call horizon for the call date is still calculated from the 1 months package.

I think this is not correct - or did I simply miss to do a restart in IP10 after deletion of the 1 month package in the task list?

Thanks in advance for your hints!

Regards,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please restart the Maintenance Plan and then check.

Br

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In IP10 transaction you need  click on refresh button. This will update Task list modified in Maintenance plan.

Private_Member_28603
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I've tried to use the refresh button in IP10. After saving IP10 the situation is not getting better - the difference between plan and call date is still calculated based on the lowest cycle (1 month), which was deleted from the task list in the meanwhile.

I've tried to run IP30 after the scheduling update in IP10 - but no change in situation.

Did I miss anything or understand something wrong?

Nevertheless, for the users it's be more easy to just push a button in IP10, then using the restart function with selecting a the right package as offset.

Regards & thanks,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

There might be some calls generated earlier ignore that one.

Always whenever you change the task list the validity date will be the system date. Hence if call the object later than this date then you will find the difference.

Regards

Santosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I had experienced a similar issue before.  After deleting the monthly package from the task list, I noticed that the calculations still reflected the original scheduling on the scheduled calls tab in the maintenance plan.

Although they were correctly scheduled when I pulled up IP10, a restart updated the calculations in both IP10 and in the maintenance plan as well.

Thanks,

Kenneth

Private_Member_28603
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kenny & Rakesh,

big THANKS for the hints - it works now.

Regards,

Patrick