cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAI2 file import showing debit as a credit after import

Former Member
0 Kudos

We added a transaction code in FT "Auto generated bank statements" as a debit (decrease)  - payment processing of outgoing external payments. However when a bank statement is imported, the system picks it as a credit - other incoming payments. Not sure if this is a system but or there is another FT setting aside "Anto generated bank statements" ahere I need to add the new code to...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

BA12 US File import works perfectly for me. Please check the following below

1. That the transaction code on the bank statement txt file for import is the same as the code you added to the system on configuration as they differ by bank.

2. That when you are adding the code that BA12 is highlighted on top.

3. Confirm that the description is outgoing external payments on configuration.

4. Confirm that the debit/credit is set as decrease on configuration.

5. Confirm that the payment method is outgoing external payments.

6. Confirm that the downloaded bank statement txt file has not been altered.

See screenshot sample below

It's advisable to reconfirm the codes from your bank to be sure.

Regards,

Emeka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emeka

Thanks for your reply. I have verified all of the above mentioned items and checked, however I am still facing the same issue. Is there any other FT settings I have to add the new bank code to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

Were all the other transactions on the bank statement imported correctly, apart from other incoming payments?

If so check, if you have a similar code entered for credit on configuration. That's all you need to do, if it does not work you have to then log an incident with SAP, sighting all the checks you have done. As the system must be picking up the credit for the transaction code from somewhere within the system.

Regards,

Emeka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I've opened a ticket as this seems a system issue....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

You are welcome. They should sort it out soon but don't let it discourage you from using the functionality, as it's great. Keep an eye on all unpaid checks/ returned checks as the system will reconcile them automatically, so you have to mark them as return to free up the supplier/customer invoice for future payment/receipt during your postprocessing/reconciliation.

Goodluck.

Regards,

Emeka