cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSONObject["ancestors"] is not a JSONArray

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the Crystal Reports 12.1 Java SDK. I receive this exception when a report initially loads and each time I page through the report:

com.businessobjects.report.web.json.JSONException: JSONObject["ancestors"] is not a JSONArray.

at com.businessobjects.report.web.json.JSONObject.getJSONArray(JSONObject.java:456)

at com.businessobjects.report.web.shared.JSONParameter.getDiscreteValueFromJSON(JSONParameter.java:708)

at com.businessobjects.report.web.shared.JSONParameter.getValueFromJSON(JSONParameter.java:635)

at com.businessobjects.report.web.shared.JSONParameter.jsonToFieldValues(JSONParameter.java:592)

at com.businessobjects.report.web.shared.JSONParameter.getValues(JSONParameter.java:455)

at com.businessobjects.report.web.shared.JSONParameter.toParameterField(JSONParameter.java:919)

I'm wondering if it is because I am handling the report parameter screen myself rather than having the viewer prompt the user to enter parameters. The user fills out a custom parameter screen and the parameters are sent back to the server and injected into the viewer using the setParameterFields() method. The report runs fine, I'm just concerned about these exceptions that are being thrown.  I don't see the exceptions when running a report that does not require parameters.

If anybody has seen this before please let me know. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stan

I don't work with the CR Java SDK much, but doing a search for 'crystal jasonarray', I came across this:

I only zeroed in on it as the code is also using parameters.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still have not been able to solve this. Tried to surround the code that generates this error with a try/catch but the exception is being thrown from the Business Objects Tomcat server so I can't suppress it.  I guess nobody is using this product. I wish we weren't.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stan,

Are you using Crystal Report for ecllipse runtime libraries?

What happens when you use the default viewer provided by Businessobjects, do you still see the errors in server logs?

I have seen this issue while using the BusinessObjects Enterprise Server 4.0/Crystal Report Server 2011, which was recorded as a regression bug, however not sure about the details.

The workaround for that was to use the below parameters in the log4j.xml file as the error do not effect the running of the application.

<logger name="com.businessobjects.report.web">

<level value="FATAL"/>

Place the log4j.xml file in your <web-application>/WEB-INF/classes folder

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

above work around is not working for me. still getting same error and it causes failure to show reports.

Could someone help me on it. It is mentioned as bug in SAP, is there any patch release for this bug.

Thanks,

Rajiv    

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv

All I can add is that there have been no fixes to this version of CR and I am not sure that there are any fixes actually planned...

It may be an idea to create a phone incident and talk to someone that actually supports CR4E. See what they say. If this is a bug the incident will be refunded.

Crystal Single Case Technical Support - SAP Business Objects US Online Store | SAP Online Store

- Ludek