cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DS 4.2 repo manager to upgrade a repository in oracle 10g?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The DS 4.2 PAM states that oracle 10g is no more supported as a local repository. I have a couple of DS 3.x local repositories on oracle 10g.  Will the DS 4.2 repository manager allow to upgrade these 3.1 oracle 10g local repositories? i dont have a DS 4.2 environment so can't test it at my end , anyone out there whose been successful?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are upgrading so that wont be a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you mean i can't actually create a new DS 4.2 local repository on oracle 10g but i can upgrade an existing 10g repository using DS 4.2 repository manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't mean that, because i have not actually done it. According to their installation document you can configure with oracle 10g as well.

Check this - http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbods42/en/ds_42_install_win_en.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had logged a case with SAP for this and they told me that the documentation for DS 4.2 was wrong and needs to be updated.  SAP doesn't support Oracle 10.2g as repository any more as Oracle has ended all support for version 10.2 back in July 2013. However, SAP will still support 10.2g as Source and/or Target as they have greater flexibility in how it connects.