cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UFL 'u2ljul.dll' that implements this function is missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please forgive me if this is not in the right area.

I have a  Crystal Report created in  CR2008. using  the Julian date function.

added  the report  to   Business Objects 3.1 sp 5 update.

Admin copied the UFL to C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86

Report ran fine two weeks ago. User is now getting the error:

"...error in formula Parameter to Salary Payperiodend date: '//cstr({?PayperiodCheckDate}) ' UFL 'u2ljul.dll' that implements this function is missing.

Admin swears  DLL in there and  nothing else has changed on server

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Pennyann,

the dll should also be registered. please see here.

-jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had read  several post saying this was not necessary,  but will admit I had seen the post to register it.

Thought we were OK when it ran fine after the UFL was first copied

We have rebooted the machine and the reports runs fine ( for now).

Will register it and see what happens.

Thanks

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is a 3rd party .dll though...i.e. it is not part of the crystal reports install. pretty sure that any 3rd party dll's still need to be registered if they are just simply added to the cr / bobjent file structure. please do let us know how it turns out.

-jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will do.

but will not be able to run again for two week because data is time sensitive and we do not have a test environment or data   available to reproduce.

Thanks again

0 Kudos

Hello,

U2L*.dll's are written in C++ and CRUFL*.dll are COM UFL's and required registering them.

In your case you don't have to register it and will get an error something like "Starting point cannot be found"

Likely permissions or resources changed and the UFL ran out of available memory to use.

You should go to the makers and get them to debug it...

Don

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe this particular UFL was an old legacy function created back in the days of Crystal 4 or 5ish that is still available from:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006019242008E/ufljul.exe

If memory serves, this particular function only requires to be in the same folder as U2LCOM.DLL and registed.

I found a copy of the U2LCOM.DLL in C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin as well.  It may be a suggestion to put a copy of U2LJUL in there also.  Depends on where the engine decides to load the DLLs from.

Good luck,

Brian

0 Kudos

WOW, now you are showing your history Brian... lol

I completely forgot about the Julian Date UFL and both C++ and COM UFL's are in that package. Don't use both.

Do you know who wrote the UFL, quite often back then it was usually one of us Support Guys or Gals?

See this forum post for how to using a formula ( fixed formula is the last post:

Don

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Pietro wrote it back in the days when we were still using an Abacas for a computer.  I don't think we had electricity in the office yet.

Brian