cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling date Make to stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created this post because I have an issue regarding sheduling date for FG (finished good) and SFG (semi finished good) after MRP run.

We are in Make to stock scenario (plannig strategy 40)

Of couse, SFG is linked to FG in BOM.

We use lead time schedling for MRP run. So we use data from routing

After MRP run the result is as follows:

=> Date for FG (finished good) in planned order :

Order finish date: 02.09.2014

Order start date: 02.09.2014

Scheduled finish date: 02.09.2014 (16:15:00)

Scheduled start date: 02.09.2014 (14:30:56)

Scheduling operation time: 1.5 hour

For finished good no problem !

=> Date for SFG (semi finish good) in planned order

Order finish date: 02.09.2014

Order start date: 02.09.2014

Scheduled finish date: 02.09.2014 (16:15:00)

Scheduled start date: 02.09.2014 (13:56:15)

In the example above, the scheduled finished date for for SFG is the same than FG (16:15:00). The SFG is manufcture in the same time than the FG. For me, the SFG should be produce before the FG, so the Scheduled finish date should be equal to the Scheduled start date of FG.

The sheduled finished date for SFG should be 14:30:56 and the scheduled start date 2 hours before (backward ascheduling). Operation time for FSG.

Could you tell if it's a normal behabiour of system, or if a setting is missing somewhere ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards

Corentin...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Corentin,

Your SFG order Finish date would be your FGs order Start date if you have created requirement which needs more than one day time.

And as far as times concerned for both materials orders would be created on same time even though WC is overloaded if you are using same WC, as finite scheduling needs to be done manually in R/3 this is standard behavior of system.

Br

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help, but I have still an issue about it!

When I convert planned order to production order, I have the same probleme. SFG (Semi finished good) is manufcatured in the same time than FG (finished good).

Find an example below:

How ensure the availability of SFG (Semi finished good) before the scheduled start date of FG (finished good). Have I to use Margin Key for that, by using a float after production for SFG. For me SFG have to be manufactured before FG;

Thanks a lot for your help

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Corentin,

Did you read my earlier reply?

Your SFG order Finish date would be your FGs order Start date if you have created requirement which needs more than one day time.

And as far as times concerned for both materials orders would be created on same time even though WC is overloaded if you are using same WC, as finite scheduling needs to be done manually in R/3 this is standard behavior of system

Br

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Yes, I have read you reply. But there is something I don t understand. Even if for SFG I need more than one day of processing time, as you said in your post. The order finish date for SFG is the same than Order finish date for FG. The SFG is not manufactured before FG. For that, I need to apply a fload after production for SFG to ensure the availibilty. Is it an other solution ?

Both material are produced on different Work Center, and they are not overloaded. So I don t need to level the load.

Thanks for your exmplanation.

Best regards

order

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Corentin,

From your snap shots we can see your SFG order finish date is your FG order start date which means system is proposing SFG order to be created before FG order which is correct.

Br

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I was not enough clear in my last post. I agree with you that the SFG order finish date is the FG start date. My issue is about the time of FG and SFG. The SFG order end on the 26.08.2014 at 16:15 PM Like the FG. The FG order start time should be scheduled after 16:15, after SFG complétion, and not at  14:30. I guess finite scheduling is required?

Thanks for your confirmation.

best regards

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Corentin,

Both material are produced on different Work Center

As you had mentioned in your previous reply both FG and SFG are produced on different WCs then why you are interrelating these both orders?

The FG order start time should be scheduled after 16:15, after SFG completion, and not at  14:30.

As both are different WCs we need to validate already occupied load on these WCs for your given times.

Br

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I just would like you to confirme me If It is standard bevahiour in SAP.

Find below screenshot.

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Corentin,

Can you Share your MD04 snap shots for both FG and SFG?

There should be some exception message - 10 for Rescheduling in?

Br

KK

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Corentin

The production dates calculation of the component does not consider the parent material dates during scheduling. They are both scheduled independently.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick feedback !

Find below snap shots. No error message

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thanks for your answer.

If I undesrtood, that's a statndard behaviour in MRP.

In which case scheduling date are calculated dependently betwen FG (Finished good) and SFG (semi finished good ? Collective ordre ? Network?

Thanks for your help

Corentin