cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 7.0 Security - Subset of cross entity access

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a user who has access to all Departments in our India Entity.  He needs to have access to just 2 departments in our US Entity.  Departments are set up to be Entity agnostic (D3500 is used in both US and India...we don't have a separate set of departments used in India only).  Is this possible to do?

EntityIndia
DepartmentAll<<< 
EntityStandalone
DepartmentD9900 & D3500<<< Does not apply only to Standalone Entity.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

please explain better how is configured your system.

You have India and US as entity and Dxxxx as Department and all departments has the same code in the two entities?

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct.  Departments numbers are the same for both entities.  So D9900 has data for both the US and India entities in it.  I cannot open up all of the US entity to these users.  I want them to see all of the India entity data (all departments) but only the US entity data for D9900.

I've also come across new information where there are departments that are specific to entities.  These I can handle on a one-off basis.  It's the example above I'm struggling with.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

with this configuration it's impossible to obtain what you want with the bpc security.

If you give all to departements they are automatically visible to all entity you specified, you cannot combined the security as you want, i.e. entity+department.

To obtain this one possibility could be create departments as children of the entities, if you want to add some values to entity you must create also an entity_input as children of entity, in this manner you diminuish the number of the dimensions and you can give the rights on the desired departments but you have to modify all the reports, etc.

Other possibility is to rename these double departments, say I_Dxxxx and US_Dxxxx so you can give the rights on the desired dapartments and not to all, i.e. only two US_Dxxxx and all I_Dxxxx.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for your help. 

This is what I suspected, but I couldn't find anything specific on it.  We will limp through this for the time being as we have bigger changes coming to our system soon.

- David

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

security in MS version is "simplified" you cannot combine dimension for the rights as in NW.

If you have to upgrade your system it could be a good occasion to clean your appsets and maybe rethink the architecture reducing, I don't know if possible, the dimensions, eliminating Departments and constructing a hierarchy with departments as entities children...

and please don't forget to close the thread.

Regards

Roberto

Answers (0)