Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Store connectivity to Access file on a mapped networked drive

djuricz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having the same connectivity issues when Access file is on a networked drive, has anyone been able to resolve this. System DNS is correctly set up on local machine and job server.

It only works when Access file is local on job server, that is a BODS limitation it seems. This is not a feasible option in my case.

This is the error I get when I run the job:

44084 44492 CON-120302 22/07/2014 03:22:09 PM |Data flow Load_Meter_Test_Data_DF44084 44492 CON-120302 22/07/2014 03:22:09 PM ODBC call <SQLDriverConnect> for data source <MeterRecords_Test> failed: <[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)'44084 44492 CON-120302 22/07/2014 03:22:09 PM is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the

44084 44492 CON-120302 22/07/2014 03:22:09 PM file resides.>. Notify Customer Support.

It a bit ironic to have access issue with Access files... if the name of it stand for anything 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zlatibor Djuric,

Please go through  the below threads that may help you in solving the problem.

Thanks,

Subbu CH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zlatibor Djuric,

Working on the files which are remote locations is not a best approach because it will give a lot of performance issues, and connectivity issues. If it is a one time activity thats fine but if you are going to schedule the jobs which running on daily/weekly/monthy it will be big impact on the performance point of view.

Its better to use some batch scripts or some thing else to move the files from remote locations to your local system, where your BODS job server is running and work on those. Even we are doing the same in our current project.

Thanks,

subbu CH.

djuricz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you, Subbu. Great info!

I will copy over the file locally via Python script and process it that way. It's relatively small file (~3 MBs) so it should be fine.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zlatibor Djuric,

If you are ok with  the solution provided, please close the thread with helpfull answer or correct answer, so that it will be helpfull for others who is searching for the same solution.

Thanks,

Subbu.