cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Limitation configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sap Guru,

I updated Limitation for year 2014 for exisitng deperication key and exisitng Multi-level. Now I would like to test this. Can you please help me to test this and let me knwo some steps.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Apply the multilevel method in a depreciation key

2. assign the depreciation key on a depreciation area of a fixed asset

3. post acquisition on that asset in step 2

4. go to asset explorer comparsion tab and display asset in step 2

5. click the depreciation area (in step 2) where you applied the depreciation key

6. See how it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Jay

I am very new for Asset accounting, can i have T codes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an addition that this limitation update is doing for Existing key and Level.

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

for testing purposes, you need to create a new depreciation key as a copy of the exisitting one and then change the multilevel method of the new depreciation key to your new mulitilevel method. On this approach you can sse the difference on how depreciation is calculated  from the old and new depreciation key set-up.

1. Create a new asset [AS01]

2. Assign the original depreciation key on 1 depreciation area (refer to asset in step1). [ AS02]

3. Assign the new depreciation key on 1 depreciation area (refer to asset in step1). [ AS02]

4. Post an acquisition on the asset using the current date and ttype 100 on asset in step 1. [AB01]

5. Open two separate SAP windows/session [/o]

6. On the first window display asset explorer and display asset in step 1, double click the depreciation area in step 2 and click the comparison tab [AW01n]

7. On the first window display asset explorer and display asset in step 1, double click the depreciation area in step 3 and click the comparison tab [AW01n]

8. You can now compare the difference between the depreciation key with the new multilevel method against the old set-up..

Thanks!

Jhero

Answers (0)