cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Studio Freezes in File Import Wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm running HANA Studio version  1.0.68, and can't get it to import any file at all. The application just freezes after clicking the Next button in the File Import Wizard after filling up the form. I've tried even simple CSV files with a few rows without success, and importing into an existing table or a new one with identical results. After closing studio I see a java error (see the screenshot below.

Any help is appreciated

Regards

Ricardo Sada

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

You can try these things

1) Try setting the value of the file as for the Xms as 512m in your hdbstudio.ini file, which will be present in your Studio installation location.

2) Check for the location of JAVA.EXE ( Kill any JAVAW.EXE in your task manager and restart the studio)

C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe

--launcher.XXMaxPermSize

512m

--launcher.defaultAction

openFile

--launcher.appendVmargs

-vmargs

-Xmx1024m

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

-Xms256m

-XX:MaxPermSize=512m

3) Chekc of the Jre path in the system environment variabled and if they are pointing to 32 bit or 64 bit Java installation

Regards

Rahul Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Which of the .ini file lines for hstudio should I edit? is it -XX:MaxPermSize=512m?

I checked JRE path and it points to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe (32 bits I guess). What JRE version is best for HANA Studio?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

1) You should change the -Xms to 512m ( ie you are allocating 512 Mbs for Xms ) . Rest all values  should be fine. Its should look like this

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

-Xms512m

2) Both 32 and 64 bit versions are fine . Just make sure that you have installed the same version of HANA Studio ie 32 bit Studio for  32 JRE  and like wise for 64 bit. ( Infact changing the JRE is easier )

BR

Rahul Jha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I faced similar issues with HANA Studio, but it self corrected with a newer release. Im on version 74, and I think the latest is now beyond 80. You should upgrade.

Nehal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nehal,

I've upgraded to 74 and still have the same issue but, I finally narrowed it down to my CSV file having a single dirty record with "extra" double quotes inside a string field. I removed the quotes and the wizard continues.

Still, I think the wizard should fail graciously, and specifying a cause of the error instead of hanging.

Many thanks...