cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate the depreciation for an asset under repair for a month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have placed an asset (Laptop) into service 01.01.2013 and I have calculated the depreciation for the 1st period and in the second period 01.02.2013 the laptop is broken and which was sent to the service center and for that entire month no depreciation is calculated. I wanted to start the depreciation for the same asset on 01.03.2013.

how to process for the depreciation for 3rd period and for the 2nd month what should be the activity of the asset?

Please explain in detail.

Thanks,

Santhosh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not want to post depreciation for an asset, then assign depreciation key 0000 for the asset.

OR

Use the asset shutdown option in field status group in time dependent tab.

Regards

Srinivas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually I have not understand clearly your issue. Anyway, if you only want to depreciate an asset even it is under repair, you can still run the asset in the depreciation periodic run AFABN to calculate the depreciation.

Thanks!

Jhero

Former Member
0 Kudos

my question is what do we consider for the second period when the asset is actually not in service??

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on your business process (GAAP). If you decide not to apply depreciation when it is under repair, shutdown the asset. If you decided to apply depreciation, keep it depreciate via AFABN.