Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP Authentication

ailton_souza
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello EveryOne!!

We have na installation of SAP BOE 4.1 on Linux operating system on which you need to configure OpenLDAP authentication. But we need to configure 3 diferente LDAP authentication for diferente types of users on the same server. There are setting this up? What is the best procedure for this setting?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you mean by "3 different LDAP authentication for different types of users on the same server".

I assume that you have one LDAP directory (ACME.COM) with multiple users for sure. If you want to seperate the users later within SAP BI i would recommend you create three Groups in the LDAP Server, add the designated members to these groups and import these three groups into SAP BI.

Within SAP BI you seperate their permissions via ACLs.

Regards

-Seb.

ailton_souza
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian!!!

Thanks for your feedback.

Forgive my lack of explanation in details.

It happens that there are different with different authentication with OpenLDAP on Linux LDAP three. The first authentication for internal users, the second to authenticate external users, and the third for users of other types of thread. We need to configure two different users can access the directories on the same server SAP Business Objects 4.1.

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can configure 3 LDAP server but they have to be under same O.

Multiple forest is only supported for AD not in LDAP.

Also Open LDAP is not supported by SAP but it still works.

Answers (0)