cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not load data from database after adding a query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a working crystal reports 2011 report. This report get its data from a BW 7.01 system provided by three bex queries. Everything works as expected but not I have to add a fourth query to the report then I get the following messages:

I try to translate it because I user the german version:

INFORMATION: In this report a stored procedure is used. Ensure that no SQL expression was added and no grouping on server side will be done.

WARNING: Data could not be load from the database.

WANING: Invalid argument provided. Details: The key figure structure isn't a valid field for report generation. Use instead the real keyfigures with teir units.

Has anyone an idea what can be the reason for my issue?

Thanks and regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Gerrit,

a couple of questions...

1) are you adding all 3 queries (and then the 4th) in the same data connection or are each of these additional queries in a subreport?

2) if all 3 queries (and then the 4th) are in the same data connection are you linking them?

3) most importantly, if you create a brand new report off of the 4th query, is it successful?

it's been quite a while since I've worked with bex queries but in general adding multiple queries (or stored procs or commands or combinations thereof)  to the same report is probably not a good idea. there ends up being a lot of processing happening in the crystal reports designer itself as a large virtual record set is created by the individual queries.

-jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jamie,

thanks for your answer.

The report works fine with the three queries in the main report. I want to add the fourth query. I can change the data connection before so that they use the same data connection or leave it in a separate one.

I hope you find my issue.

THanks!

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Gerrit,

can you please provide some more info so that the forum users can help solve the issue:

1) are you adding all 3 queries (and then the 4th) in the same data connection or are each of these additional queries in a subreport?

2) if all 3 queries (and then the 4th) are in the same data connection are you linking them?

3) most importantly, if you create a brand new report off of the 4th query, is it successful?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for my incomplete answer.

1) This is an existing report. Only the fourth query is added as a new one from the same data connection. There are more queries (the same ones) in subreports.

2) Yes, I've linked them. I think CR does it automatically. I choose the query and press okay button. Then I see all queries with their connections to the other queries. Then I press OK again and the message above comes up.

3) If I put the query into a new report it works fine.

Hope that helps.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for the info. the only thing that I could find on this error that may be a possibility is the linking. crystal usually uses 'smart linking' to take a guess at what the links should be.

try adding the 4th query again but this time go to the Links tab and choose Clear Links. manually add the links that you know are the correct ones. hopefully this will resolve the issue.

if you are unable to get an answer to your question in the forums in a timely manner you may wish to contact customer assurance on the issue.