cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Agreement Designations Not Working in California

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a client from the HR organization tell me that case law in California prevents them from using the "Permanent" work agreement for their hires, as this implies that the company is willing to pay the employee until they retire.

Has anyone come across this before and if so what was the resolution?

I have created an incident with SAP requesting that the values "Full Time" and "Part Tiem" be added - or that we can maintain the values ourselves.

Hans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to the Help Center in SAP ByD you cannot change the word Permanent or remove it from core functionality. Type 'work agreement' into the Help Center to see what the official answer is.

I would make sure you are asking the right person in their HR organization. Our only office is in California and we have entered most "regular" employees under the work agreement type "Permanent."

There is a distinction between calling someone permanent or regular from an HR liability standpoint and using an un-editable field in a packaged application like SAP. There is no other option for the HR organization to use in this case. Is it there intent to make someone "permanent" by choosing that field? No.

We have some nutty laws here in California like distinguishing between "permanent" vs. "regular" or "full-time." I just roll my eyes when I hear stuff like this.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did talk to the hear of HR - and she wa pretty adamant that the CASE LAW - basically prevented them from using this designation. Additionally the courts can - and does - request access to your electronic personnel file to see all of the information stored.

Whereas I would agree with you regarding the nutty laws in CA and the US in general as well - I do believe SAP and BYD has an obligation to represent master data - if not completely in line with case laws etc. it should at least allow the user to select a neutral designation.

After all, the list of values are not critical to the functionality fo the application.

Hans