cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple rows for one selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one requirement where I need to get multiple values from a field corresponding to one value in another field. For example:

Date               Transaction No          Customer          Avg. Time

2/7/14               101                         AAA                    2 Day

2/7/14               102                         BBB                    3 Day

2/7/14               103                         AAA                    3 Day

5/7/14               104                         XYZ                     4 Day

5/7/14               105                         AAA                    5 Day

5/7/14               106                         AAA                    3 Day

5/7/14               107                         XYZ                     2 Day

5/7/14               108                         MMM                  0 Day

transaction no is unique. now I want to get all Avg. time for AAA (2,3,5,3 Days), BBB (3 Days), XYZ (4,2, Days) and MMM (0 Days). the issue is there is no selection for customer. I want it for all the customers. there are around 50 customers and number may increase in future.

how can I achieve this? pls help.

Rgds,

Rajwinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajwinder,

I see that you would like a huge amount of data categorized but Dashboard experience is felt only when there is some navigation happening. The effectiveness is lost when there is a simple categorization of a huge list. 

Either you can change the reporting software to Crystal Reports which is much more better for the list categorization or you can opt the navigational components and proceed with your reporting.

Please give a thought to this

Thank you,

Manasa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajwinder,

You could achieve this using combo box . In combo box properties select insertion type as "Filtered Rows".

For more detailed information information on usage of filtered rows check the Samples provided in the Dashboards Designer.

File -> Sample -> Filtered rows.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Noopur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noopur,

As I mentioned, I don't want to select any value. by default I want for all customer without selecting any one.

Thanks,

Rajwinder

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

For this you need to make the data correction in the source rather than doing it in dashboard. Once you have taken the above mentioned data into the dashboard without using any navigation how do you want to display the customer average.

If i misunderstood your query please explain me, how to display the customer average without any navigation or using any navigation.

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there any way if I can get the same result through BEx query. I tried doing so but it giving summation of Avg. time for dealer. I need individual values list bcz I want to find out maximum among them.

Any pointers will help.

Rgds,

Rajwinder

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

This is very much possible in Bex take the customer and average time use the average option aggregation tab. Check the below link for more clarification.

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I don't want to calculate average. I am getting Avg. time for each and every transaction through my query. I just want list of values for KF Avg. time according to individual dealer and then find maximum amng that.  as per my above example, I want below output:

AAA will have     2 Day

3 Day

5 Day

3 Day

BBB will have      3 Day

XYZ will have       4 Day

2 Day

MMM wiil have    0 Day

now for AAA max. value is 5, for BBB max. value is 3 and so on.

please let me know if my requirement is not clear.

Rgds,

rajwinder

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create new formula for the same kfg  in bex query designer and apply exception aggregation maximum with refrence char as  customer.

Thanks.