cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Set up a OData service for SAP back end and non SAP backend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to create OData service using NWGW(for SAP backend) and for for non SAP backend

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you working on SMP 3.0? If yes, then there is a tool/ eclipse plugin "Integration Gateway" that can convert SAP & NON-SAP backend info into OData services.

For additional info, read

For MYSQL DB connection:

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,i want to create a sample OData service for native android app, so can you give me some tutorial that will explain me how to create OData service from integration gateway (GWPA)plugin installed.

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Difference between SAP Gateway and integration gateway:

SAP Gateway: To develop Odata services from SAP Systems

Integration Gateway: To develop Odata services from also non sap systems. ( SAP Gateway, SOAP, JDBC and JPA Data Sources) (IG is included in SMP 3.0 but not available separately)

The Gateway plugins of eclipse are available at SAP Development Tools for Eclipse .Its been mentioned how to install at

There is also an example available explaining the integration gateway and generate odata services from different non sap backemds

overview of integration gateway

convert soap to odata

convert sql to odata

Once the Odata services are generated , it can be consumed in Native mobile application development.

These might help you

DocCommentXchange

-virinchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to create OData service with SAP as back end But first i have to create  OData services from SAP system, so i want to know how to do it, you have provided documents for NON SAP backend

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chaitanya,

If the requirement is to generate odata services only from SAP systems, then SAP Gateway is recommended.

SAP Gateway license is included in the Business suite license .

There is a good video series giving an overview of gateway and giving in depth concepts of it.

The video series are available at -

SAP Gateway Self-Paced Learning - Technologies - SCN Wiki

these might also help you

Development Approaches - SAP NetWeaver Gateway Foundation (SAP_GWFND) - SAP Library

Once Odata services are developed from Gateway , it can be consumed in mobile application development. (Native / Hybrid)

PS:

I would strongly recommend to view the free course on mobility delivered by SAP  This might give an overview of SAP mobility.

Course: Introduction to Mobile Solution Development for the Enterprise

- virinchy

Message was edited by: Virinchy p

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have to create OData service with SAP as back end But first i have to create  OData services from SAP system, so i want to know how to do it,

Please provide complete information when you raise a thread. do you want to use SMP 3.0 middleware in your app development?

If yes,

There is an option "ODC" in integration gateway while selecting Data source. This ODC is mainly for connecting services exposed by SAP systems. Once you are done with Odata modeling you have to deploy the same to SMP 3.0 server.

For Odata native app (android) development, there are required libraries and resources files are available (C:\SAP\MobileSDK3\NativeSDK\ODataFramework\Android)

you may look at this detailed document 5.5.1 section.

Rgrds,

JK

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your requirement is to connect your native app with SAP you don't need Integration gateway(Eclipse based Odata modeler). Odata can be exposed from SAP using Gateway (formerly netweaver gateway). As mentioned by Virinchy it is a free add on for SAP business suite customers. There are existing Odata services in SAP system like Flight List. You can use those to develop your first app or you can create your own Odata services in SAP. To create Odata services you should have knowledge in OOPS ABAP. Virinchy provided you an example on creating native android app using an existing Odata service in SAP (SMP 3 - Android Native App Development). Other resources are already given in previous comments.

Midhun VP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is your issue resolved? If yes, please close this thread.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ll try what you all have suggested.and if i face some problem i ll ask here only..thnx everyone