SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we update 2 company codes as paying company codes in one company code group(FICA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a scenario where we need to create a business partner with one contract account linked to one company code and have a provision to make postings for that business partner to two company codes.

Hence, we have created two company codes like "X" and "Y" under XYZ company code group. we are able to create the billing for two company codes, but system is able to record payments only from one company code "X", as the system provides provision only to make one company code as paying company code in a company code group.(Path: SPRO-->financialaccounting(new)--->Contract AP and AR--->Organizational units--->Define

Company code group) here we have updated only "X" as paying company code in the above mentioned path.

So, please suggest, on how can we update both company codes "X" and "Y" as paying company codes under one company code group

XYZ. in (Path: SPRO-->financialaccounting(new)--->Contract AP and AR--->Organizational units--->Define Company code group).

Thanks for your help in Advance.

Aditya Viswanath

11 REPLIES 11

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you create a second group with the same companies and company y as the paying company?  You will not be able to do anything to enable 2 paying companies.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi William,

Thanks for your reply. But here is a problem, when we create a BP, the contract account is defaulting with one company code group as per the default company code assignment.

So, if i default X company code, XYZ-1 company code group is defaulted in which X is updated as paying company code and accepting X company code payments.

In case, if i default Y company code in contract account, XYZ-2 company code group is defaulted in which Y is updated as paying company code and accepting only Y company code payments.

So please assist.

0 Kudos

Sorry - I do not know of a solution to your issue.  You need multiple accounts to interact with multiple company code groups.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fine William, no issues and thanks a lot for your suggestions.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

It looks like cross company code transactions , Is it so ? What I mean , One BP , One contract account , One company code : Say X , on behalf of X , company code : Say Y collect the amount from BP , further it reconcile ( Cross company postings) X with Y , Is this scenario?

0 Kudos

Hi, Lakhmu Reddy, it is like this, One Company offering two services to one person with different entities, say like 1000 is company code group offering internet through 100 company code and mobile connection through 200 company code.

If we update 100 as paying company code for 1000 company code group in Org structure settings and create BP with 100 as standard company code in contract account. when we are making billing for the BP with 100 and 200 company codes, billing documents are getting posted in both 100 and 200 company codes(as 100 and 200 belongs to only one company code group)

But, system is accepting payments only from 100 company code, because SAP is providing the provision to update only one paying company code for one company code group.

Considering the above requirement, my question is can we accommodate 2 paying company codes in one company code group?? pls suggest.

0 Kudos

Hi Adiya,

thanks for detailed explanation.

Lets try with  data model  and config settings as below:

Business Partner Master - 1

Contract account - Internet service -1

Contract account - Mobile connection -1

2. Here remove paying company code

(Path: SPRO-->financialaccounting(new)--->Contract AP and AR--->Organizational units--->Define Company code group).

3. Assign Company Codes to Company Code Groups

Company code group  -1000  with company code 100 and company code 200

4. Contract account master

Put standard company code as 100 for internet service contract accounts , and 200 for Mobile connection contract accounts.

0 Kudos

Hi Lakhsmu,

Thank u for your update, but as per your instructions in step:2, we cannot remove paying company code, as the paying company code is a mandatory field for a company code group creation.

Please update me in case if i am wrong.

0 Kudos

You are right ...paying company code is mandatory.

1. create company code groups :

100 - company code group  -  100 - Paying company code

200 - Company code group - 200 - Paying company code

2. Assign company code group

100  -  100

100   -  200

0 Kudos

I have tried this lakshmu, but if i go with this settings, the billing postings are not happening in two company codes with one BP and one contract account (with 100 as standard company code in contract account) as two company codes belongs to different company code group

0 Kudos

As suggested earlier , go with two contract accounts

Contract account - Internet service -1

Contract account - Mobile connection -1