Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OrgChart Enhancement Queries

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I am learner have few questions in my mind, read lot of threads and admin guide but still unable to link the different components used in Nakisa.

I am a functional guy, no idea about XML and XSL files.

Good that we have Stephen, Stephen Burr, Luke, and Matthew who had answered couple of my queries and really it helped me a lot to understand many Nakisa standard and custom features.

Would be helpful if someone share inputs on  my  below queries.

We are using Nakisa OrgChart- 4.0 SP 1 with lice RFC, SAP EHP6 system.

The below data elements are available in Data center.

1.     EmployeeHierarchyDataElement ------------------FM-- /NAKISA/OC_POSITION_STRUCTURE

2.     OrgUnitDetailDataElement------------------- /NAKISA/OC_OU_DETAIL

3.     OrgUnitHierarchyDataElement----------- /NAKISA/OC_OU_STRUCTURE  -- Enhanced

4.     OrgUnitHierarchyDataElementForAnalytics_Staged---- /NAKISA/OC_OU_STRUCTUR

5.     PositionDetailDataElement--------- /NAKISA/OC_POSITION_DETAIL

6.     PositionHierarchyDataElement--------- /NAKISA/OC_POSITION_STRUCTURE  Enhanced

As I want to add few more additional fields in Orgchart and position boxes we have modified the OU structure and Position Structure data elements but after this I am bit confused what are the steps we have to follow.

1. Detail Designer-   we have Top Level Details and Profile details which one to use to add fields in orgunit boxes.  Eg: to add to Manager  view . are there any xml file change to be done after mapping fields here.

2.Do we need to modify the XML files before performing the step 1? Or can we directly update the corresponding files without using Detail Designer.

3. Views: We have Views in Admin Console and View Configuration xml files in Application server. which one to edit or create?

Ø  Views in Admin Console: How to add fields in Templates. Eg: OU_Manager_Toplevel detail  we have 3 fields want to add 3 more fields. Do we need to add this in XML files, what are the places we need to changes. Do we need to change Presentation resource xml files also?

Ø  View xml files: can we add the fields directly here without adding it in Views in Admin console.eg: We have manager Personnel id Field available in OU Structure data element, can we add this in corresponding xml and xsl files. In one of the thread all the changes are handled in XML and XSL files, not sure about the steps to be followed.

Ø How to Rename Custom Views ? do we need to add Caption keys or system will generate caption keys once we update xml files?

Data Center: we have some standard fields available in OU_Structure how to add this to my View with a new field created in my View. EG: OU_Manager view.

One last question related to SAP HCM , as we have new Orgchart functionalities delivered as a part of HR Renewal pack is this feature can be used instead of Nakisa Orgchart.

Thanks

Rag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Below the step to enhanced OrgUnitHierarchyDataElemen - /NAKISA/OC_OU_STRUCTURE .

Step1 - Get scenario

• Example : Org Hierarchy Access – Normal employees are only allowed to see their own org unit and positions but not reporting org units under their org unit. Only Chief positions in their respective org units are allowed to view reporting org units to the org unit.

Step 2 : Structure /NAKISA/NAK_OU append to Structure: ZNAK_OU_STRUCTURE (add the field name,description,data type, data table and sap field name )

Step 3 : Copy RFC

In transaction code SE37, copy RFC /NAKISA/OC_OU_STRUCTURE to a new custom RFC ZNAKISA_OC_OU_STRUCTURE (including its corresponding INCLUDE programs).

Step 4 : Test the RFC

Step 5 : Go to Data Center > Edit/Create new data element connecting to SAP RFC

Step 6: Check the checkbox to change the desired data element and click Next button.

Step 7: Search custom RFC by clicking on magnifying glass icon > click Ok to confirm.

*Note: Take a screenshot of ALL the configurations (import parameters, exported tables, field mappings, data field captions, data element properties etc) of the data element, changing to another RFC will refresh all configurations of the data element. Ensure that all configurations are the same as before, except that the RFC name has changed

Examples of configurations:

FYR –#1 Take a screenshot of the import parameters for all 3 pages, then do the same configurations after you’ve modified the RFC name.

FYR –#2 Take a screenshot of the exported tables, then do the same configurations after you’ve modified the RFC name.

FYR –#3 Take a screenshot of the data element properties for all 5 pages, then do the same configurations after you’ve modified the RFC name.

Regards

Mohamad Firhad Samuri

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamad Firhad Samuri,

Thanks for the reply.

We are able to get the additional fields in the Orgunit and Postion boxes, this is done just modifying the XML files after doing the RFC data element enhancements.

Thanks

Rag

Answers (0)