cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illegal access to the viewer, please use a valid url

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have already gone through various discussion related to this error but wanted to clarify few of the things that is why this is a separate discussion.

From past 3 days we are facing "Illegal access to viewer, please use valid url" this error at BI Launchpad.

Product :  BO Xi 4.0 SP 05  (Enterprise)

When i go through SAP Note 1800752, as it states "restart the Tomcat server", we have already done it. It solves this problem temporarily. After restarting tomcat hardly for half an hour problem gets solved but again that error starts appearing.

Few additional points :

There is no license issue as i am able to login into Webi Rich Client as well as BI Launch pad. Error starts appearing when i view any report from BI Launchpad.

Also, i am able to open report in Webi Rich Client and able to refresh the report as well.

Anyone faced this similar issue? I am not able to find the Root cause of this problem and not able to find any permanent solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

AndrewBaines
Participant
0 Kudos

Bit late in the day, but I thought I'd add a comment as I just hit this error over the weekend.

The error is much more generic than it sounds. In my case it was caused by the Processing Server being disabled after switching licence keys.

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan

In one of our client's environments I have noticed this occurring on a frequent basis and in our environment this issue has not occurred within the last 3 years.

The different between our client's system and our system was that their system was a single server with the BI Services and Tomcat service together whereas our system is a split system with the BI Services are on one server and the Tomcat service on another server.

As far as I could determine it was a memory resource issue on our client's system and once additional memory was allocated/upgrade and the Adaptive Processing Services allocated sufficient memory, did this issue resolve itself.

Also what could be an issue is that if you are using the default configuration of BI, the Adaptive Processing Services (APS) is only assigned 1GB RAM by default. In our system we split the APS services using the System Configuration Wizard (BI 4.1) and manually reallocated the memory between the different APS's.

Have a look at OSS note: 1694041 - BI 4.0 Consulting - How to size the Adaptive Processing Server

There is also a blog on SCN by Matthew Shaw, http://scn.sap.com/people/matthew.shaw/blog/2011/04/06/performance-tips-getting-the-most-out-of-your...

Regards

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd also recommend to check the Processing Server which that has the WebI processing included in selected services. Make sure you have enough memory allocated but also try restarting the service. Could be worth make the sizing according to sizing guide mentioned above.

For one of my clients, simply taking another APS with same setup into use, solved the issue.

Regards,

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

You might not get a solution in the first try.
Route the request from Tomcat of a different Environment.
Use URL of different Tomcat, but while logging, use credentials of problematic environment.
See if you can replicate the issue.
This will help to narrow down the issue to App Server Tier or BO Processing Tier .
Also keep an eye on the Tomcat process when the issue occurs.
What is the memory consumption of Tomcat process when the issue occurs.
Monitor WEBI Processing Server metrics when the issue occurs.
It could be due to Tomcat Sizing.

Regards,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

As the issue appears intermittently so you need to check whether any WEBI server is failing when this issue occurs.

As soon as you see the error message,

1. Logon to CMC as Administrator and go to Servers management area.
  2. Check if Web Intelligence Processing server is running. If not Start and
    Enable it.
  3. If it does not start, create new web intelligence processing server.

If this issue is occuring after running specific reports then you can check if there is any issue in report processing or log a ticket with SAP support.

Regards,

Tanveer

0 Kudos

How about when you clear the cache of Tomcat?