cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage the payment approver users?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I would like to understand more on the payment approval process in SAP Business ByDesign. Despite it is quite easy to find the payment approval process in the help center, it is really hard to find how to manage to whom the payment approval request is sent. How can a system administrator can decide which users have the faculty to approve payments? How to change/update the list of approver users?

Of course I have the rights to manage all users by assigning them business roles and access rights. I have access to all workcenters.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Luca

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

You can define threshold amounts for payment approvals depending on company, payment method, and user. No task will be created if the amount of the outgoing payment is below the specified threshold.

You can define this threshold for both incoming and outgoing payments on the Fine-Tune task Business Task Management for Payment and Liquidity Management

After maintaining a threshold amount to trigger the approval process, you can define who is the approver via Application and User Management work center, Employee Work Distribution view. In the Finance and Administration group, define the approvers within Approver for Liquidity Management.

The approval task is then sent to all approvers that you've maintained. If the task is completed for one of them, the payment gets approved. If there is no approver maintained, the task is sent to all authorized managers.

Please, mark my reply as answered or helpful if this answers your question.

Additionally, I'd also suggest you to post financial related questions on the Financial Management forum (http://scn.sap.com/community/bydesignbc/fm), which would have a greater visibility from our financial experts team.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Alexandre.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre

Thanks for your helpful answer and also a very good link to Financials above which works perfect.

Please forgive my little knowledge about this but how can I get direct to that forum form community page.

I have tried to fine but just cannot find it. please if you can guide me through.

regards

Asad

0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

I'm not sure of the path from the scn home page.

I actually, access the forum via business center:

www.sme.sap.com -> SAP Cloud Solutions -> SAP Business ByDesing -> SAP Business ByDesign -> Community section -> SCN Community

The web page that opens have the ByDesign discussion forums.

Best Regards,

Alexandre.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre

Thanks for your reply. Its ok I have tried to find a way from SCN but not able to find it but its not big issue i have saved it on browser.

Yes I can access it from the Business center too.

Regards

Asad

Chempian1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

If an approver is not defined in Application and User Management > Employee Work Distribution view nor in business configuration activity > Approver for Liquidity Management then how does the system behave when a payment proposal is executed .

Since one of the case the system is triggering approval after the payment proposal is executed by the user we have assigned business roles accessible for AP,AR - is that forcing the system to trigger the approval?

Please guide!.

Thanks,

Chempian Pontie

0 Kudos

Hi Chempian,

As a default behavior for the payment approval to be triggered, the system will look for the threshold set in business configuration. If the payment amount is below the threshold or if there is no threshold set, then the approval process is triggered. After that, the approval may or may not go through depending on the user's access rights and on the type of payment.

For more details, please refer to KBA 2063785 - How to Set Up Approval Process for Payments

Regards,

Alexandre.

former_member221362
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

If you want to restrict users to not approve the payments you can restrict them from the view Manage my area work center approvals.

So the persons will not be able to approve.

and

Note that while creating approval process and setting  the work distribution rules if you select Direct Approver, you must select an employee responsible by clicking Edit. On
the following screen, select one employees responsible so it goes to that particular responsible person only..

Hope this clarifies you.

Regards,

Suresh.