cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS BP with two adress numbers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing with an issue that a BP is assinged with two address numbers. Ideally it should be one with our case .

It was tranfered from ECC and for a ECC customer master only one adreess number can be exist.

The 2nd adress was changed from ECC but unfortunatly instead of updating the existing one , it created one more adress line in GTS .

When I checked in BUT020 table for this BP two adresses are assigned and no external adress for either of both add. numbers.

I tried with other sample customer masters but neither able to re-create nor the cause of the issue.

Kindly help by suggesting any check points , settings..Let me know if any other information is needed.

Thanks ,

Raj KB .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have seen a similar issue before but on a larger scale.

The previous incident was caused by a number range overflow that was not solved in the correct manner.

Instead of correcting the problem in GTS first, the master data was re-transferred again from ECC in an attempt to overwrite the incorrect data.

But because the number range was not corrected in GTS first the re-transfer created a lot of inconsistent entries in the BUT020 and ADRC tables.

The attempted solution caused an incorrect relationship between ADRC and BUT020 for the (over 350k) BPs involved.

This may not be the case in your scenario but it's the only root cause I can think of without having access to you system.

Please inquire about the number ranges if the above sounds familiar.

Going forward you should run program /SAPSLL/BP_ADDR_CLEANUP from SE38 in simulation mode to see what gets picked up.

Best Regards,

Eoin

Answers (0)