cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution manager: Upgrade from ERP6 ehp4 to ERP6 ehp6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade ERP6 ehp4 to ERP6 ehp6 using Solution Manager.

It throws following error while upgrade.

Kindly help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem here is that your product definition is not correct in LMDB.

Now, what here you should do is.. resync your ERP system with SLD.

Resync SLD with LMDB. Correct product definition.

Run verification check in LMDB and when it's green, go for MOPZ.

Also, if this is just about ACP, check OLD threads and ask Miguel Angel Arino Clarke for help.

Divyanshu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You, Divyanshu Srivastava and Miguel Angel Arino Clarke.

I will follow the solution provided by you'll.

I will get back if i am stuck during the process.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The error message says explicitly that a change in the SMSY/LMDB definition is needed. That is probably best accomplished as Divyanshu says, but if things don't go smoothly, there is also the manual addition of the product instances as per SAP KBA 2031584.

The ACP might not be needed if the calculation changes because of the SMSY/LMDB changes needed.

Also, check carefully KBA 1813563. In the screenshot of the log tab you attach, it can be seen that several addon software components are not covered by product instance assignments, and there is the telltale warning message "product registration of installed add-ons is missing!". You need to open the long text of that warning message and follow the general guidelines defined in SAP KBA 1813563.

In any case, the ACP DMIS_EXT==2007_1_700 is not locked for customers , so it is a problem with the download permissions for that particular file. There is a difference in the logic layer where there is an authorization missing, but this is more related to the actual files rather than the software logistics settings for the ACP package.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel and Divyanshu,

I was working on SLD for the same issue and i discovered SLD was stopped.

I am unable to start the server.

It throws the following error:

#12 08/01/2014 12:26:20.329 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_1] FATAL com.sap.lcr.start.StartDirector: SLD start failure, unable to activate the SLD CIMOM. Check the log of the persistence medium for any errors. If the error is reproducible, please send a message to SAP. More...
#11 08/01/2014 12:26:20.329 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_1] ERROR com.sap.lcr.pers.jdbc.AbstractCRJdbcPersistence: Error during getQualifierDeclarations operation (CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unexpected end of binary data) (com/sap/lcr/pers/jdbc/AbstractCRJdbcPersistence.java:1211) More...
#10 08/01/2014 12:26:20.329 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_1] ERROR com.sap.lcr.pers.jdbc.AbstractJdbcPersistence: More...

Kindly Provide your input.

Regards,

Mamta.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manta,

Check this thread;

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1562767

And upload latest relevant parts of default trace and application logs.

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And yes;

Also have alook at this thread.

Divyanshu