Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS 4.2 and SAP R3 620 release compatibilty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We are using BODS 4.2 sp1.

We have a simple dataflow where we pull data from SAP r3 using direct download and push it in our database.

Basically its like this:

SAP Table-->Query Transform-->Oracle Database

Issue with R3 user of 620 release

Inside query transform,we have applied some conditions in where clause,which are combinations of 'or' and 'and' operator.

However when we are generating optimized SQL for the same,we observe that the conditions in where clause are not being included in the optimized query.

But if we replace all conditions by only 'or'  or by only 'and' condition,the optimized sql query with condition  is generated.

With R3 user of 730 release

The optimized sql with mixed 'and' and 'or' is generated correctly.

The basis team has  provided full rights to the user created in 620 release of R3,but still the optimized sql being generted is incorrect

However the user in 730 release ,even with minimum rights is generating correct optimized sql.

Both 620 and 730 release has latest BODS functions uploaded on them.

Please help me on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems so Michael.We are following up with SAP on the same,but we have only managed to determine that this issue is occurring on using SAP R3 620 with BODS 4.2.

We had asked SAP to test this issue in their enviornment,but they have the latest R3 version in their enviornment,hence they are unable to confirm the same.

It is becoming more likely to me that their is some issue with BODS 4.2-SAP RR 620 compatibilty.

Hence I just wanted to know if you guys have the same setup as mine(BODS 4.2,SAP R3 620) in your enviornment,so i could better substantiate my claim.

Thanks and Regards

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael

ABAP flow may solve the issue.But as these jobs are in production and have been  running successfully using direct download method since BODS 3.2 and BODS 4.0,its strange the same job is now failing because the optimized sql being generated is incorrect and that too only with a particular version of SAP R3.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have heard from another customer that the optimiser in 4.2 has a few 'quirks'.  I suggest you raise a support message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Are you using an ABAP dataflow?  If not, then try that.

Michael