cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Merge Query : Do contacts from source get copied or moved to target account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We came across one observation while merging accounts. The contact relation from source account gets copied to master account. Although the relation with the source account is not terminated.

Is this a standard behavior?

If it is not, can you guide what might be going wrong?

If it is standard, can we have any enhancements done to terminate the contact relation with the source account?

Regards,

Sayan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I had to work a little bit with data cleansing. I did not like it.

You can check view V_TBZ5E and maintenance view CRMV_TBZ5.

In the first you can choose which data/nodes is being transferred from source to master.

In the second you can replace the original classes for the merge for each node by your own.

I am happy that I can work on other stuff now.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Why you didn't like it? a blog with you thoughts/impressions would be more than welcome

Cheers!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

The behaviour after customizing view V_TBZ5E was totally strange and it seems the order of the nodes was significant without no help available why. Sometimes my exchanged classes in view CRMV_TBZ5 were executed and sometimes not. Also sometimes the related data was copied and sometimes not. It seemed to be depending on the mentionned order of the nodes without any visible logic. An OSS-message suggested a setting where some data was copied but my enhencements in the copied classes was ignored.

So at the end I was happy when this assignment was finished and I did WebUI development again.

Best regards,

Thomas

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well...I will have to deal with it sooner or later, so I will experience on first hand what are you talking about...anyway, thanks for sharing it