Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to learn SAP BPC/CRM

0 Kudos

Hi Friends!!

I am a certified SAP FI consultant with 8 years of experience and I have done my MBA finance and now I am planning to learn other modules

I heard BPC and CRM are in huge demand now,

After seeing the course of BPC I felt its more technical as I am a functional consultant with no technical background,

My friends suggested me to do CRM..

Please let me know which module will be the best for my career...

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rather than technical or functional, BPC with FI is more suggestible.Because all BPC reports(budget and revenue) reported on FI Data. its easy to understand the concepts.

Technical mean at BPC you may need some coding skills which are related scripts reamainnig desin part was very easy. Once start learning/practising its makes you easier.

Even am requesting Ravi to help you.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Having 8 years experience of FI module, you should choose a module which is much related to this module. As per my knowledge, BPC and CRM both modules are not integrated module with FI module.

If you learn these modules, then you will not able to get a job which is related to both modules.

I mean you can't get the designation as FI / CRM consultant or like that.

You should choose these modules which is integrated with FI.

Like as CO, MM SD,

Former Member
0 Kudos

BPC  will  be  a   good  as  compared  to  CRM .

Normally  who know  FI , they  will  go  for  BPC.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rather than technical or functional, BPC with FI is more suggestible.Because all BPC reports(budget and revenue) reported on FI Data. its easy to understand the concepts.

Technical mean at BPC you may need some coding skills which are related scripts reamainnig desin part was very easy. Once start learning/practising its makes you easier.

Even am requesting Ravi to help you.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Thanks Ramanjaneyulu...

0 Kudos

CRM definitely not a choice for you.

If you are a FI consultant, I would learn get some good knowledge in CO.

Then if you are interested then you should have skills in:

a) Business Intelligence (BI)

b) FICO Knowledge

c) Good MS Excel Knowledge (like Visual Basics)

d) Fundamental knowledge in Accounting Consolidations

e) ABAP (Good to have skills)

If you are have adequate skills in the above areas, then BPC would be a good fit for you.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ravi for your valuable suggestion.