Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Near Line Storage

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Do you know which objects can be used for archiving like NLS? For example infocube ,DSO etc?

And whats the best way to find in system what are the objects for which  data can be archived?

Any help?

Thanks

R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubane,

As you know archiving id done in BI when you want to keep data in your BI system constant.You can moove your data first to archive or near line storage and then deleted from BI system.You can access your data directly or load it back whenver required its depend on how you archived your data.

you can search with key " how i will come to know need archiving data in sap bi"

you will get step by step documents how to archive data and why.

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

The documents I'm getting is on ADK based archiving.

What I'm looking for is NLS based archiving.

But it still helps.

Do you've information related to step by step for NLS archiving process?

Thanks

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

can you please check following document.check if it helps.

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ganesh, I already gone through document earlier but its just overview not step by step guide.

Do you know the way how you'll check which selections of data like variable selections has been used most in one cube?

So If you know the cube name and it has lets say 4 years of data ,how you know which year or selections is used most by end users?

We can check by statistics whether cube has been used or not or how many times but just wondering is it possible to see what data actually users are reading atmost?This help in decision making.

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rubane

Please take a look after step 20 :
hope it helps!