Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3 in N and N+1 landscape

kevin_zonts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the best practice when PI (Java with AEX) is used within a dual-development landscape (N and N+1)? Is it recommended to have a dedicated PI system in both landscapes or utilize the same PI system in both landscapes? In addition, how are changes typically handled in each scenario (manually or transports for retrofitting)? In my current project there are no patches or upgrades planned in either landscape for the current release, only interface development work.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

It is recommended to have dedicated PI system for both landscape (Development and support). The retrofit is type (Manual or transport) is depend on changes. If you develop a new interface or object then it will retrofit by transport But for same object changes it needs to done manually.

regards,

Harish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

Dedicated PI system is recommended. Even in my project we have the same landscape(N and N+1).

Regards

Osman

kevin_zonts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input. Do you have any documents for handling different changes during parallel support, or rules/suggestions for various scenarios? I'm not a PI functional expert and would like to know any specific rules to follow. Basically any change management strategy information would be great, or just some helpful hints.

Thanks again...

Harish
Active Contributor
kevin_zonts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks you! I'm pretty familiar with retrofit in general. I'm more interested in the "Process Integration" aspect of dual maintenance. We are using only the java stack with AEX. I don't know if retrofit applies to this since I'm only aware of the ABAP features for code and BC Sets.

Any experiences in that area? Will it be all manual for those objects?

Thanks!

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

The process for PI (Java only stack) will be similar to any other SAP system. The retrofit applied to other track once it is deployed in prod. The new objects can directly import into PI system for retrofit and existing object will required manual intervention for retrofit.

regards,

Harish