cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database logon failed error on IIS7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting a Database logon failed error on a report that is being called in ASP.NET form on IIS7. This error does not happen in my development environment but only on the webserver in IIS7. I can open the report and run it in Crystal Reports designer without any problem. Any help on this will be appreciated. The error message I get is below.

Report File: LossRunByPolicyNoDates.rpt Report Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\adhoc_reports\LossRunByPolicyNoDates.rpt Export Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\adhoc_inbox\khogan\RSF500217-09.pdf CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Database logon failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004100F): Database logon failed. at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass.Export(ExportOptions pExportOptions, RequestContext pRequestContext) at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ConvertDotNetToErom.ThrowDotNetException(Exception e) at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext) at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export() at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Export() at adhoc.WebForm1.btnRun_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\adhoc\WebForm1.aspx.vb:line 443

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Need more info.

- Version of CR

- Version of VS

- Does the report work from CR designer on the server?

- If yes, could you check your code if it is passing the logon correct logon info to report correctly?

- Bhushan

Senior Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Getting started and moving ahead with Crystal Reports .NET applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any further help on this?

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is very difficult to analyse the issue further without having proper information.

Please provide the information I have asked in my previous post.

-Bhushan

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to the information that Bhushan requested;

What database?

How are you connecting to it (ODBC, OLE DB, etc.)?

I'd also highly recommend having a read of the following:

With he info you provided, you are asking us to guess, which typically proves to be a very inefficient way of troubleshooting any issue...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (0)