cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error License Manager: License server localhost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have SQL 2008 R2 (master db collation SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS) and SAP 9.0 PL 12.
I have reinstalled several times SAP 9.0, that the PL 5 that the PL 12 but I get an error in the name of the license server.
In the Server Tool, in the License Manager I have the PC name 'TRSERVIZI'. If I click on Setting button, in the Connection section I have the License Server 'localhost'. I want to edit localhost and insert 'TRSERVIZI' (for problem with Integration Framework).

The problem is that, even not making any changes in the General Settings window, and click OK, when I click on OK in the Server Manager I get the following error (attached image): 'You have to specify a machine name and port' and then the failure of the service connection licenses and TAO NT Naming Service, which are started correctly (in fact I can log on to the SAP client).
Can anyone help me?

Thanks

NL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check SAP note:

1142479 - Connection with license server failed /TAO NT Naming
Service

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing changes....

NL

aungthitlu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi NL,

Please do as the list following.

1. Close the server manager if it was already start.

2. Go to the services manager and check that TAO NT naming service is automatic or not. If TAO NT naming service is manual, right click on that service and go to properties and change to automatic. And then click start button and then click ok.

3.Start the service manger of SAP.

4.Go to license manager and click setting. In localhost, change the server name that you wish. Check the port number and then click connect.

5.In license manager click the configure security/ configure SSL button.

6.Web browser will open and you will need to enter B1Site user password in system landscape directory.

7.In landscape directory check the server name that you have given in license server field. If server name exist, try to check the database in the database field which exist below the server field.

8.If the database exist, close the web browser and click ok in license manager. Then click ok in service manager.

I hope this would be helpful to you.

Best regards,

Aung Thit Lu.