Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify the program in which an enhanncement spot should be included?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to identify the program in which an enhanncement spot should be included? For example I want to validate VA02 for USER authorization. So an enhancement spot should be written in program MV45AFZB. How do you identify this program ?

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There's no rule, it depends where it needs to enhance the program

In your case MV45AFZB has the user-exit for sales order transactions, so it doesn't need an enhancement spot.

Max

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

My question is "how to know which program should we change to implement the enhancement?"

0 Kudos

It depends on where you need to place your modification, the enhancement will be assigned to main program,

if you need to place in an include used by several program you need to make sure which main program is used by your transaction.

In the case of MV45AFZB, the main program is SAPMV45A, but it's easy as this include is used only there,

Max

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to know the navigation for identifying the main program SAPMV45A.

Also I want to know the navigation for identifying the includes present for the main program where we should write our enhancements.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi

It needs to check where the include is used: that's all, in SE80 you can see all includes used in a main program

Max

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried User Exits before you write an Enhancement. Because If i understand correctly, you need to restrict users based on some condition with repsect to roles and then they are allowed to edit. This can be done in FORM USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION where you can write your logic like Authorization object.