cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXDB copy log file from one server to the other server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to copy a log file from one server to the other server , the database is Maxdb and i don't know how to do it. I want to do it through command prompt, (set of commands required) the front end tool which we are using is DBM ( database manager). Please help.

Regards

M.A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

I am trying to automate Log restore from my DC server to DR server through Command prompt( MaxDB database), i.e. the set of commands( which I will execute from DBMCLI) should copy the Log file from my DC server to my DR server and then should get restored on my DR server.  Hopefully the scenario is clear , please help.

Regards

M A

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get the idea ?

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically, the process is of log shipping. Transferring logs from DC to DR system.

For that, you can check HowTo - Standby DB log shipping - MaxDB - SCN Wiki

This is script based. I have not done it but the idea remains the same.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I am trying to automate Log restore from my DC server to DR server through Command prompt( MaxDB database), i.e. the set of commands( which I will execute from DBMCLI) should copy the Log file from my DC server to my DR server and then should get restored on my DR server .  Hopefully the scenario is clear , please help.

Regards

M A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I want to copy log files from one server to the other server using command prompt, through GUI we can do it , I need to do it through command prompt( DBMCLI).

Regards

M A  

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This page has list of all commands.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you want to copy ?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

What is the scenario where you want to copy only the log file from one server to another server.

Regards,

Deepak Kori