cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI system upgrade from 7.1 to 7.4 dual stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to upgrade PI system to 7.4 .currently we are using PI 7.1 system (dual stack)and want to go for 7.4 dual stack.

which one single stack or dual stack is the best approach and what are the impacts normally see when upgrading  to newer version.

We are planning to install 7.4 freshly recomonded by SAP .

We need to migrate objects from older system to newer system?

I want to know the process from basis perspective also .

Import/export or migrate is the best way to move objects from older sytem to newer system.

Please suggest me any links about the process including basis point of view also suggestions for the approach.

thanks,

aman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aman,

We're also planning to upgrade SAP PI 7.1 EhP1 to SAP PI 7.4.

In which guide or SAP note SAP has recommended below approach?

>>> We are planning to install 7.4 freshly recommended by SAP .

Import/export or migrate is the best way to move objects from older system to newer system

We're curious about the best practice to upgrade to PI 7.4.

Thanks,

Vishal

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Please check the following :

Regards,

Azhar

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Aman,

First you have to check from the below

1) how many interfaces in your business?

2) how many BPMs currently?

3) which type of mapping function are you using in your interfaces?

4) is there any java mapping?

5)is there any abap Mapping?

6)r u using UDF's?

from the above are available u must do fresh installation rather than upgration of exising system.

cause: Why because while upgrade some of mapping and object may gone & u need to do manually removed objects in your XI system.

The best practice is do fresh installation and upgrade patches it is very easy , less effort.

1) we can transport the files from PI 7.1 to PI 7.4 dual stack there is no problem for IR/ESR object, but while importing ID(Integration Directory) objects you will get issues. for that u need to do one thing is BASIS 7.1 tranport file from market place. or u can do manually of ID objects.

Regards,

Kiran Polani

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

As hareesh mentioned above that if you are using more CCBPM scenario in your development then you need to install netweaver BPM as per the licensed provide by SAP.

You can go with SAP PO 7.41 single stack incase if you are going to use BPM then you can install netweaver BPM along with single stack.

Kindly go through the below blog to choose your installation options:

Migration from Double stack to Single stack Integration Scenerio :

http://scn.sap.com/community/process-orchestration/blog/2014/01/30/migration-from-double-stack-to-si...

Also go through the below discussion:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3468258

Best Regards,

Monikandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monikandan,

Provided links are not able to access.

Regards

Chandra

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I can able to access.Check the same.

Best Regards,

Monikandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to access the links, either. In both cases, it states unauthorized. I am signed in successfully to SCN and I can access the link in Hareesh's post.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>> which one single stack or dual stack is the best approach and what are the impacts normally see when upgrading  to newer version.

I would prefer single stack considering the SAP's future road map but of course it depends on how much effort your company is ready to spend. Incase you have lot of CCBPM's then you'll have to redesign them using Netweaver BPM if you go with single stack.

As are going with fresh installation(migration) of dual stack then you don't need to invest much.

>>>  We are planning to install 7.4 freshly recomonded by SAP .

I want to know the process from basis perspective also .

There is wizard using which you can move the directory objects ( classical scenario's to Integrated configurations). Please use it for ID objects

Refer to the below blog for more details. (ignore blog's title. it's applicable for dual stack-> dual stack too)

For ESR you can simply export and import the tpz file.

>>> I want to know the process from basis perspective also .

They can simply follow the installation guide and execute the post installation steps properly.