cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combo Box Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a query about Xcelsius combo box. I have data in the following format:

CustomerGroup Customer
A                              101
A                              102
B                              105
B                              106
B                              110

C                              108

D                              109

E                              107

I want to create a combo box, for customer group and second combo box for customer. if some one click on Customer Group A, Customer 101 and 102 should show up. Another example: Customer group B, 105, 106 and 110 should show up.

Once user selects a customer, i have data in 2 rows which I want to show on Column chart.

I think I know how to derive combo boxes with eachother responses but the main question is how do i show 2 rows of data on column charts, so how to get customer 101 to do the search in 1000 rows of data and pull out 2 rows (it will always be 2 rows) and show on the column chart?

Please help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You already know how to link the combo boxes and get all the customers in one customer group together in a range of excel cells. Now all you need is to search for these customers in some other data source range in excel and dump the appropriate rows to feed the column chart.

From your explanation, I am assuming that the user is going to select only one customer at a time.

To achieve what you intend, you can use a hidden combo box and filtered rows. Take a combo box and map the labels to the column that gives you the list of customers available for selection. In the data insertion properties, select "filtered rows" and map the source and destination accordingly. In the default selection property, select "dynamic" and map it to the Customer's combo box output cell.

Now when a particular customer is selected, the hidden combo box will get that particular value and dump all the rows that correspond to it into an excel range. You can use this as a source for the column chart.

If the user is to select more that 1 customer, then see this.

Do let me know if you find this helpful, or you need more suggestions.

Thanks,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasanna, thank you very much for your reply. it was very helpful.

Can you please explain the following:

"To achieve what you intend, you can use a hidden combo box and filtered rows. Take a combo box and map the labels to the column that gives you the list of customers available for selection. In the data insertion properties, select "filtered rows" and map the source and destination accordingly. In the default selection property, select "dynamic" and map it to the Customer's combo box output cell."

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone please?