cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting through a Navigation to an EntitySet in External Model Reference Bug?

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Consider the scenario where I have a service called ResuableEntities which contains a Comments Entityset (with underlying Comment Entity).  Now I create a second service called WorkOrderServices; which contains a WorkOrders EntitySet with underlying WorkOrder Entity.

Now I include the oData reference to ResuableEntities so I can make a relationship from WorkOrder to Comments.  If I do a GET request on /WorkOrderServices/WorkOrders('123')/Comments that behaves as expected; but if I want to create a new Comment by posting to /WorkOrderServices/WorkOrders('123')/Comments, I am getting an error stating "Data object 'WorkOrder' not found."

Is this a bug with Gateway, am I doing something wrong, or???

Cheers,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just saw a response from the development team through SMP, and they have replied that Post to an included service is not supported. Why is a very important question here???  e.g. This will lead to no reuse within Gateway services, duplicated code, and encourage extremely large services being created rather than modularising and including services as required.

So if anyone from the SAP development team is reading this - Can you please adjust your answer and fix this or explain clearly why this is not a problem?

Oh well - for now - looks like I need to build a layer to allow me not to have to replicate my oData code at least, and duplicate entities in different Gateway services.

Cheers,

Matt