cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VerifyDatabase() throws "No Error"

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an application that loads a particular CR report based on an id at run time, passes in arguments, and saves the resultant report as a pdf to a file share.

Running on: windows server 2008R2 Standard

Targeting: .Net 4.5

Using Crystal Reports for .Net support pack 8 (32 bit) -- Note the OS is 64bit, but the application runs in 32 bit mode.
Connection to SQL 2008R2 databases

The process works fine on the QA application server connecting to the QA database.

It also works when running the application from a Dev machine connecting to QA or Prod Databases.

but when run on the Prod Application server connecting to the Prod Databases

the following line of code:

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.VerifyDatabase()

throws this error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80000000):  No error

Any help with this error anyone could provide would be very much appreciated.

Thank You
Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your prod database and appplication on the same / prod server?

Could you manually check the database connection from prod server and see if it works? try creating a .udl file.

What happens when you comment verifydatabase? does the app work or does it throw a different error message.

Thanks,

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The app server and sql databases are on different servers.

if i removed the VerifyDatabase call, i got the same error on the next attempt to communicate with the database.

i figured out the in my case, the error was that SQL Server Native Client was not installed on the production application server.

installed SQLNCLI10.dll fixed the issue for me.

thank you for your help.

Answers (0)