cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to consolidate data from two DSOs into an InfoCube for reporting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am working on BW 7.0 to create BEx Report as below:

This report will have data coming from two different sources, some data from COPA DSO [such as Customer Number, Product Hierarchy1, Product Hierarchy2, Product Hierarchy3, Product Hierarchy4. Product Hierarchy5, Product Hierarchy6 and a few other Key Figures] and the rest [such as Product Hierarchy, Reference Document, Condition Type (both Active & Inactive), Condition Value and a few other Key Figures] from another DSO (ZSD_DS18) which is a copy of the BCT DSO (0SD_O06). I've chosen this DSO because this is the BCT DSO which is used to store data from a Standard Extractor 2LIS_13_VDKON.

Below are the screenshots of these 2 DSOs:

I have successfully extracted the data from 2LIS_13_VDKON (includes PROD_HIER but not Customer Number) and loaded into a DSO (ZSD_D17).

All the testing is done using only one Sales Document No (VBELN).

First test that I tried is.. to create an Infocube and loaded data from ZCOPA_01 and ZSD_DS18 and when the LISTCUBE was run on this InfoCube, the data is coming up in two different lines which is not very meaningful. Screenshot below:

Therefore, I have created another DSO (ZSD_DS17) to Consolidate the data from ZCOPA_01 & ZSD_DS18 establishing mappings between some of common Chars such as below:

ZCOPA_01                    ZSD_DS18

0REFER_DOC  <->        0BILL_NUM

0REFER_ITM    <->        0BILL_ITEM

0ME_ORDER    <->        0DOC_NUMBER

0ME_ITEM        <->        0S_ORD_ITEM

51 records are loaded from ZSD_DS18 into ZSD_DS17 and 4 records are loaded from ZCOPA_01 into ZSD_DS17 for a particular Sales Document Number.

When I am using a Write-Optimized DSO, data is coming in just 1 line but it is showing only 4 lines which is aggregated which is as expected since W/O DSO aggregates the data. However, when I use Standard DSO, the data is again splitting up into many lines.

Is there something that I am missing in here while designing the Data Model or does this call for some ABAP being done, if so, where or should I have to talk to the Functional Lead and then Enhance the Standard Extractor, and even if I do that, I would still have to bring in those Key Figures from ZCOPA_01 for my reporting?

Thank you very much in advance and your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in your (current) InfoCube setup, you could work with "constant selection" on the key figures

for the COPA key figures, you'll need to add product hierarchy to the key figures with a selection of # and constant selection flagged

for the SD key figures, you'll have to do the same for customer & the product hierarchy levels (instead of product hierarchy)