Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing should be consider for costing purpose only

former_member798593
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

We have maintained routing process for few products.Based on operation timings during MRP run system proposing procurment proposals too early.
But user do not want this operational times for scheduling of planned orders , it requires for costing purpose only.
So i suggested to use BASIC DATE SCHEDULING in MD02 MRP run, so it will not considered routing data of the finished product , it only considers inhouse production time in material master.it is ok
But the problem is , when planned order is converted to production order system considering Routing data and proposing scheduling dates . Due to this planned order dates and producting order dates are different. when production order is created , dependent requirement dates of down level materials are changing.

So user want Routing for costing only not for scheduling .

I have tried this by using control key with only relavant for costing
not for scheduling and is assigned to each operation in routing

As control key is defined with no scheduling , production order start date and finish dates are same based on OPU3 settings whether it is FW
or BW scheduling

So pls suggest

Regards
Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In OPU3, scheduling parameters for production orders, you may change the "Adjust Dates" parameter to one of the "Do not adjust basic dates..." option. This way basic dates will be determined independently even if the system schedules the production order.

Alternatively, if the production lead times are too long due to the fact that system assumes a single capacity for work centers, you can reduce this time by entering number of splits to the operations of the routings. This wat you may have scheduled dates comparable to the basic dates of the production orders.

Regards.

former_member798593
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ozgen canan,

Yesterday i have achieved this by maintaining settings for both planned orders and production orders i.e . OPU3 and OPU5 -2- Do not adjust basic dates. (but its generating schd.dates confusing to user) and also If we not maintaining OPU5 its changing planned order dates based on production dates in case of partial conversion

Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

If in your business Routing are used only for costing Purpose , then what i can suggest is you can maintain the default operation generation for the production order type in configuration OPJG.

When Production order is created only one operation will be created.

Costing run can be done for the Finished Product having BOM and Actual Routings.

Reply me if this suits for your business or i can suggest you.

WBR

Manjunath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya,

Can't understand your business requirement. Not using routing for production has so many implications. Don't you want to consider activities for costing?

However, if you don't want to use routing for your production order, change your selection id in order type dependent parameters (OPL8) and change Routing selection to '0'.

Himanshu

former_member798593
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

I have already tried with OPL8- routing selection with 0  but it is completely restricting routing for costing also hence no activty confirmation CO11N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sathya

In your work center data, have actual formula for activity calculation in costing tab. Enter some dummy formula in scheduling tab which will not generate any requirement and try.

Regards,

Himanshu

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check with maintaining the routing status as 3 released for costing.

Regards,

Anupam Sharma

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satya,

I'm not sure why you want the routing operations to be included only for costing purpose and not for

scheduling.

So in this case as you have mentioned try by assigning a control key which supports only for costing

and not relevant to scheduling and check if this works.

If not come with your queries.

Regards

Mangalraj.S