cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validate invoicing parties between invoice and purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to find a solution around how to validate invoicing party in invoice to invoicing party in purchase order.

i.e. PO vendor is 8700 and has invoing party as 8500 as a partner flowing through partner determination from vendor master, when i create invoice though MIRO or EDI, system should hard stop invoice if invoicing party is not 8500 (other than purchase order invoicing party)

i am trying to achive this through standard setting of partner detemination and setting M8-286/287 message as "E" in OMRM but system is not validating invocing parties and letting create invoice with any vendor.

Our system does not have BADI MRM_PARTNER_CHECK due to EHP is not latest.

This seems standard functionality to me but somehow not working through standard SAP settings.

has anyone came across such a requirement and have soultion ?

Any help will be appreciated <Text removed by Moderator as it suggested "favour">

Thanks

Dharmesh

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the inputs..

we can have invoicign party field suppressed on MIRO layout but,

Our major challenge is 95% invoices flow through EDI and drops an Idoc to create invoice...hence we are researching on have validation and hard stop if it fails.

Thanks

Dharmesh

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

M8286 is triggered while you enter multiple PO's with different invoicing parties in MIRO. The system design is explained in the KBA:  1688253 - MIRO invoice is booked with different vendors from the Purchase Order . As of my knowledge, the same is not triggered if you change the invoicing party in MIRO header.

From EHP 4, M8 777 message can be used to control the vendor change in MIRO. If you are in lower version, either you may go for development or you may make the invoicing party field as "output only" using transaction variant in SHD0 (but I am not sure whether SHD0 will work for EDI).

If you are going for development, refer the note: 1156325 - BAdIs in the Logistics Invoice Verification environment

Regards,'

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you make the field as suppressed, so that user can't change the field value in MIRO.

Make the Invoice party as suppressed by using screen variant SHD0.

Then user can't able to change the invoice party (it will only flow from PO automatically)

0 Kudos

Hi Dharmesh,

Invoicing party defined in vendor master then system will automatically fetch the relevant invoicing party for MIRO transaction.

Regards

Nagamani