cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP REX 3.2: Order item screen UI configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on SAP REX 3.2 UI configuration, I am following the guidelines described in REXAdminGuide3.2.pdf, the requirement is to apply changes to sales order item screen. I did changes at header level and it is working fine, but when I try to add a new CE fiels at item level it is added but not in columns (see screenshot attached), it is added under the product description. I also tried to change/remove item columns i.e. Discount/UoM column, but it is not removed. is there a way to do it? please find below the codes used.

code used in UIAConfiguration_iOS.xml in order to remove Deliverey field column and add new CE fields (Theme and Case Pack) in sales order item screen (the requirment is to have these new fields in column and remove the Delivery column)

<ABO for = "SALESORDERITEM">
<fields>
<action type="remove" key="Delivery" displaySequence="16"
group="1" />
</fields>
<CE>
<field id="THEME" labelId="Theme" dataType="1100"/>
<field id="CASE_PACK" labelId="Case Pack" dataType="1100"/>
</CE>
</ABO>

thanks and Regards

PAS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pasquale,

please try code below for adding CE fields in column.

<ABO for = "SALESORDERS">
<CE>
</CE>
</ABO>

Please don't forget to create the label, see example below.

<labels>
            <!-- text for key 'Recent' in localizable.strings will be modified to 'Latest' in english language

<label id="ORDERS">
                <text language="en" value="Orders &amp; returns"/>
                <text language="de" value="Bestellingen &amp; retourneren"/>
            </label>
        </labels>

For removing the delivery column, please try to add it in the ABO for salesorders itself, personally I have not done it before.

I would request you to use the REX extensibility guide instead of the admin guide for XML modifications.

Kind Regards,

Chetan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

thanks for your reply (sorry i am using as reference REX extensibility guide), basically the code below adds fields at heder level (i already added several fields)

<CE>
</CE>
</ABO>

For removing the delivery column, as suggested by you i applied the code below:

<fields>

<action type="remove" key="PricingDate" displaySequence="5" group="5" />

<action type="remove" key="DeliveryStatus" displaySequence="14" group="2" />

<action type="remove" key="RejectionStatus" displaySequence="15" group="1" />

<action type="remove" key="Delivery"/>

</fields>

the result is that the fields PricingDate, DeliveryStatus, RejectionStatus available at heder level have been hidden, the Delivery column item field has not been hidden.

do you have further suggestion?

thanks a lot

Pas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pas,

When you use <ABO for = "SALESORDERS"> it refers only to the Order Header and not to the item. So your configuration would not work.

if its an iPad app then its not possible to hide item fields. The list of supported ABO and Fields are mentioned in SAP note 1918860, attachment "iPad_customization_keys.xlsx"

Best Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

thanks for your reply. so my understanding is that i cannot change the item layout.

Regards

PAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats right. You cannot use the UI configuration file to hide the Sales Order Item fields for REX 3.2 iPad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the confirmation

Regards

Pas