Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F110 more than 9999 line items

subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I have a situation where the number of line items for a vendor in f110 exceeds 9999. how to handle the situation ? is there any note which can take care of this limit bursts ?

best regds

Subha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Subha

There are some OSS Notes available, which point to Summarization for working around the 999 limitation, but they are applicable only for FI/CO Interface with other modules. There is no way we can have more than 999 items for payment program.

The reason is because of a restriction on the no of characters for line item no field in BSEG, which is currently designed for 3 characters only.

You will have to break the open items in less than 999 items only

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you searched the SAP marketplace using the keywords: F110 9999

I found several notes and since one of them has a solution to extend a field length from 4 to 6 to get beyond a limit of 9999 for individual payments, it is at least an evidence that 9999 are possible already

subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice, I searched in Mkt PLace and found two solutions, suggesting some invoice split, I am not aware exactly how it is done. Apart from that theres no such release note.

best regds

JL23
Active Contributor
subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you , I am still working on this, I will let you know on the outcome.

best regds

Subha

subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

yesterday I had a word with the user and understood that the problem is coming from the payment idoc that is supposed to generate from this payment. when the line item exceeds 9999 item, the Idoc (PAYEXT) fails to generate. any advice on this point ? how can i make the idoc accomodate more line items ?

best regds

Subha

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the wiki content System limitation of 999 line items per FI document - ERP Financials - SCN Wiki

The wiki has given the workaround when you document will exceed the line item 9999.

Also check these SAP notes which has given in this wiki.

subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dev,

did you understand my query ?

best regds

Subha

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry. I misunderstood that.