SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong error message no. F6556 - Fund Centre does not exist but it do exists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to transfer an Old PO to Funds Centre by changing the delivery quantity in PO but the delivery date in the PO is of June 2014. I have defined the derivation strategy and system is deriving fund centre correctly but it says that Fund Centre does not exists on delivery date which is 30.06.2014. I have created fund centre from 01/01/1900 till 31/12/9999.

I tried to use FMCN it also gives the error message saying that fund centre does not exist even on current date.

For testing I posted some FI document to that fund centre and it posted.

I am not sure why it is giving error only for PO (PO has a account assignment to project/WBS).

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Rohit Goel

14 REPLIES 14

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, implement note 1288554 - FMDERIVE - Incorrect Valid From Date used in check

It should solve your problem.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Thanks for the note but this note is valid for our system. It shows that ot cannot be implemented as we have already upgraded till EA-PS 604 because of which this note is relevant.

Also I need to tell you that when in my derivation rule I specifically provided same fund centre for specific WBS then system did not gave error but when I am deriving that fund centre from Function Module of reading the WBS master data it gives the error.

Regards

Rohit Goel

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But, which package of 6.04? The note is relevant for package up to 60406.

But, if the note is already in the system, set a trace in FMDERIVE and check if the fund centre is derived correctly via the function module you mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

I did check the note via transaction SNOTE and system says note cannot be implemented.

Also i did the FMDERIVE trace and found that Fund Centre is derived but in the trace there is tick called 'Invalid' is coming and after the trace is finished it says Fund Centre does not exists for the date....

Regards

Rohit

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your fund centre (the code)? Is it character or numeric?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

It is numeric 0211234569. Basically it is equal to the cost centre code. I am using the functional module 'Read WBS Master Data' where I populate the Responsible cost centre field in the fucd centre field.

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

It seems that there is an issue with Project/WBS as if I am testing with other Project/WBS it is working fine.I will update once our PS consultant had a look on the same.

Regards

Rohit

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, most probably it's a matter of leading zeros. The system derives the fund centre without leading zeros and cannot find it in the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jandoval,

Thanks for suggestion but i already mentioned in my original message that I did that and I am getting the same error.

Regards

Rohit Goel

0 Kudos

Rohit.

Please check the OSS below.

1711888 - FPG1: error message F6556

Kind Regards.

Jandoval Nascimento.

0 Kudos

Thanks Eli and Jandoval for support.

There was an issue in PS module which has been resolved now.

Regards

Rohit Goel

0 Kudos

Can you specify (for the sake of other users with similar problem) what the issue was?

0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

The problem was that WBS was using the wrong cost centre with two leading zeros (User created wrong cost centre in test system with 8 character which means 2 leading zeros as prefix) but as per the cost centre structure it should have only one leading zero and rest nine characters must be numeric. I have created a fund centre with one leading zero and that's why system was giving error when using derivation strategy as it is picking cost centre from WBS master data but fund centre was created with one leading zero hence the error was coming. when I was defualting the fund centre specifically for the WBS it was picking because I was giving the correct fund centre.

You also recommended something about leading zeros but it was not fully applicable in our case as we have defined the derivation startegy of populating the cost centre in fund centre field and our cost centre is of 9 chararcter (in table it shows with a leading zero to make it full 10 character) but when it gets populated in fund centre field it gets populated with leading zero means it takes a leading zeros into consideration when it gets derived from cost centre. For example if my cost centre is '123456789' the fund centre gets populated as '0123456789'

But I got the clue to my problem from your hint of leading zeros.

Thanks Once again!

Regards

Rohit Goel

0 Kudos

OK, as I thought...