cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbalance at wip accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sap gurus

During my implementation for wip, I assigned two different accounts in OKG8 transaction code. As you know, one of them is P&L account and the other one is balance sheet account.

After I perform all period end closing transactions which are kss2-ksıı-con2-kkao-co88-ckmlcp; I check the balance of these two accounts and i face with this situation. They both have different values and balance sheet account is slightly more than p&l account. When I search for the reason, I realised that they both have same values at standart cost, but during the calculation of actual cost of wip, system only updates balance sheet account and doesnt make any correction for p&l account.

What may cause this, shouldnt both of them have the same amount at the end of the period.

when I check account documents which are come up due to ckmlcp;

I see that it uses wpm to update balance sheet account; and for this amount that it uses in wpm, it makes another record for pry transaction which is a different account than p&l account that I assigned in okg8.

I wonder why it choses to use pry transaction instead of the account that I assigned in okg8

at obyc configuration, i assigned balance sheet account for both debit and credit parts for wpm-wpa-prm-pra.

How can i solve this problem.

Thanks for your effort.

Best regards.

sadullah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again

anyone has any idea about this situation ?

Plus I can add this too.

When I check comlwipdisp transaction I see that its wip cumulation column is compatible with balance sheet acount meanwhile wip standart column is compatible with P&L account.

Shouldn't the balances of balance sheet account and p&l account equal to each other at the end of the period?

Thanks a lot.

former_member196210
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sadullah,

If you dnt have Actula costing/WIP at actual cost balance sheet account and p&L will match.

In your case you have WIP at actula cost, in this case it will not match(if any price diffrences is there)

At the time of CKMLCP, in your case system will credit/debit the Price diffrence account and Dr/Cr WIP balance sheet account (assigned in OBYC).

System will not check OKG8 at the time ML closing entry.

Thanks,

Chandrasekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar

Thanks for your answer. But I would be glad if you could help me a little bit more.

Actual costing is activated in the SAP system with the option "1 activity update not relevant to price determination"

So, you are telling me that if I have activated actual costing it is not possible to match of balance sheet and p&l account.

And as you have stated perfectly, when I run ckmlcp, it uses balance sheet account that I have assigned to okg8 and to match this amount it uses a price difference account.

I have two questions now in order to understand this better.

1-) In this case, I assume that there is nothing wrong that these two amounts of these accounts dont match. it is a normal procedure.

2-) At the end of the period, after ckmlcp. I have this kind of control for my cost calculation.

I take all cost accounts which are related to product costing (accounts for raw material consumption, labour wage etc) and sum this up. On the other hand I take all good receipt accounts and settlement accounts (gbb/auf - gbb/aui) and sums this up too. If both of these sums are equal too each other, then my calculation is correct.

If there is wip process, I include p&l account which is defined in okg8 transaction to the good receipt side of this equality in order to get correct results.

So, since p&l account doesnt have actual values; my control will end up wrong as it happens to me now. But on the other hand, component or activity consumptions that I made for wip process keep staying in debit part of this equality.

How Can I fix this situation, once again thanks a lot !

former_member238061
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sadullah,

I guess you have an issue with transaction OKG3 and not with OKG8.

It deals with the valuation methods used - e.g. - for WIP calculation (depending on the status).

Perhaps you check the following Parameters (for all your steps, e.g. "released")

1. RA-Type

2. Profit-Indicator (might differ from step to step in your case)

3. Valuation Basis

4. WIP (perhaps it is not always set to "I" (cumulative actuals)

Moreover, it the valuation of material (as an example) may be of relevance.

At standard (S) the actuals are actual quantity times standard value.

I hope it helps you further.

With kind regards

Thomas