cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP client export/import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

We have already HANA server with one client. now on the same HANA box we want to put the new customer with creating the just new client in SAP ECC,  But the new customer is already using the SAP ERP with oracle DB.

can anyone guide me how to do the migration in this scenario in the existing  hana box.

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

If your requirement is to migrate an SAP ABAP system running on an Oracle database then you need to do a Heterogeneous system copy.

You may start with these blogs to know the best way to migrate to HANA

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49744

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/software-logistics/blog/2014/01/08/decision-matrix-to...

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RB,

Thanks for reply, My Question was We have already one customer(client) in HANA box. Now we want to create new client in Production for new customer( which is also having sap ERP on oracle), How to Migrate in this situation as its should not affect the existing HANA customer Repository and DATA.

Thanks,

Amit

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Amit

It is possible to do a client copy between SAP systems running on different OS and DB.

You can check that in the point 5 of this SAP note.

552711 - FAQ: Client copy

For a client copy you need to make sure that the source and target are having the same patch level for BASIS and other components(including add-ons).

I would check with SAP if this is recommended as migration of production clients using client copy method is not generally a good practice.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RB,

Did you check with SAP regarding migration of client using client copy method.

I would like to discuss my scenario with you and please suggest whether solution approach is correct.

We have DEV and QA running on same box ( two different clients in same HP-UX box), we have to migration SAP running on HP-UX to Linux. Our DEV client has only SAP configuration not the data and size of DEV client is 200 GB and total size of database for DEV client and QA client running on same database is 1.6 TB.

Now, we have to make three system landscape. For QA system we have taken export of production and imported into to Linux.

For DEV system, I am planning to take export of DEV client running on HP-UX and import client export into Linux. Can you please suggest whether our solution approach work in our scenario?

Thanks,

Bhupesh Pant