cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Using F-02, I create a document. But I have a problem determining what date's rate is used by system. I know in OB08 I can find it. and I know in OB22 I can find default exchange rate type for translation in system. But since there are lots of days and rates it is confusing. I want to know whether there is any tools to easily and exactly show me system has chosen which day 's rate to translate document into different currencies. Moreover, sometimes there is not any rate between for example INR and USD, but system translates document from INR into USD by equivalence rate between USD and EUR, and EUR and INR. please help me in this regard.  

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System take the exact exchange rate which is maintained for the document type which is assigned to document type. You can check this in OBA7.

If there are no exchange rate defined in OBA7, then system will take the exchange rate in OB22.

If you want to know the exact exchange rate which is picking during the transaction, you can debug the transaction, you will get the exchange rate type and the exact exchange rate which is picked during the transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Dev. as you mentioned in my case system uses OB22. please correct me if I am wrong : by debugging can I understand which date's rate is used or whether system is calculating exchange rate by indirectly?

thanks,

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all system will check OB08 as per compare with your document date.

If you want know only the date in OB08 which system is picking during the transaction,

You have to compare the document date (for your transaction) and the valid from date in OB08.

Suppose your system is showing the entry for OB08 is like

Now the rate will be picked as per your document date.

Suppose you have posted a document with document date within 05.05.2014-09.05.2014, then the exchange rate will be picked as 60.

From 10.05.2014 to 14.05.2014, exchange rate will be 61.

From 15.05.2014 to 19.05.2014, exchange rate will be 62.

From 20.05.2014 to 31.12.9999, exchange rate will be 63.

If your document date will before 05.05.2014, then system will not take any exchange rate.

By debugging, you will only able to find the technical field and table name.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

In Ob22 you define What  defualt exchange type will be used for  the currency defined there. usually Its exhanbe rate Type M .

then In OB07 You define the Exchange rate type like M . And please check that have you tick 2 Inverse " option or define any alterntive exchange type for this.

IF you have define Inverse then  you do n't need to maintain Exchnage rate in OB08 in both directions. LIke You need to just maintain GBP to USD .System will automatically convert USD to GBP .

If you have define Alternative rate then  if any  any exchnage rate is missing for any day system will calaute on the basis of Alternative echange rate type.

The TrsDte typ option in OB22 decide which date  exchange rate will be take by System while posting .Unless you  manually enter the Rate in F-02 . Manually entery at time of posting the  docuemnt take proiirty over OB08 .

Definantely in OBBS you need to define the Ratio between Currencies .

Many Thanks

former_member188916
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

Please try the table TCURR.

As you know the Exchange rate type,from currency & to currency, now you can give a date range near the posting date and try it.

If the system does not find any rate on the posting date, it will pick up the rate from the last updated rates for that combination of currencies.

For indirect calculation of the rates, yes you are correct the system find the rates as explained earlier and calculates the exchange rate for INR to USD on the basis of EUR.

In some clients a single base currency (EUR in your example)is defined and only exchange rates with respect to that currency in maintained in OB08.All other currency are calculated that indirectly by the system.

Br,

Sapan Agarwal