cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download all the properties of specification?

devdatt_khedekar
Participant
0 Kudos

I have request from one of our customers that they have 2000 materials and they want to download all the properties for each of the specification attached to these materials. There are around 1700 specification and they want to download all the properties for all of these specifications.

Christoph mentioned some links Displaying Properties - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library. I tried to follow the steps mentioned there and I saw

If you have already selected a value assignment type on the initial screen using the Substance with property search function, this is selected automatically and the property tree does not appear.

If you use Microsoft Excel, you can select a maximum of 50 value assignment types

So because of 50 VAT limitation we are only able to select 2 nodes out 16 nodes of the property whereas user needs to download all of them.

Dear Experts,

Any ideas about this, Please guide.

Devdatt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Devdatt

the "tipps" I provided does have some "cons" as mentioned in the thread. One con is limitation to 50 properties (hint of Edward will not help; sorry Edward).

SAP is delivering some output variants in the standard. E.g. EXCEL. Here the delivered solution is limited to:

a.) you can not download more than 50 properties

b.) some properties are out of scope (e.g. DG ones)

There is a additional other output variant in place which is more "flexible"; but I don't love the result showing up in EXCEL. In any case here is the link:

Displaying Specification Data - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

BUT: you can try to check customizing and then by "copy" the SAP solution to customer specific one and adapt and by creating the corresponding customizing you might get a solution. This option is used quite often

Further there is one "general limitation"; I believe we have now something more than 250 properties as part of STANDARD tree. If you are using the outvariant option the additional limitation is the performance. So if you have more than may be 10 specs and you would like to do the "full" export (based on STANDARD tree) it is probable that you will get an ABAP dump (time limit exceed for SAP session).

There is no limitation in regards to that if you use the standard EXPORT functionality. BUt here you will not get an EXCEL file.

C.B.

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devdatt,

Some Sap standard macro enabled excel template available is SAP market place. It will help you to  download the data.

Click and check here  1223805  - Output variant for Excel- Excel template

Edward