Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order availability check considering the ROH stock/procurement time

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our client's Production process requires  the availability check at order level to consider the procurement time required for the Rawmaterial (BOM component of the FERT, whose sales order is taken) in cases when this RM is not available in the plant, and Availability check should not consider this procurement time when this RM is available in the plant.

ie in first case, it should consider the total time for in-house production as well as the time required to procure the rawmaterials, along with all other times that we use like Gr processing time, packing picking etc.

In second case it should not consider the RM procurement time, but only the inhouse production time and other times as applicable.

To my understanding, Availability check at order level will only check the time given in the MRP view of the FERT, and it does not check anything about RM stock or RM procurement time.

Can you please give me some suggestions to meet this requirement of the client (client is into Food Product Manufacturing).

Your quick response will be very helpful

Thanks

Jobi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jobi,

There is one small exception to the rule that the above experts have stated (In ERP, ATP is generally a single level check, not multiple level).

In the Assemble-to-order strategies, a supply element is created during the ATP check (typically a planned order or a production order).  The supply element can be configured to immediately check for availability of components.

So, with a single level BOM for the FERT:

FERT mat = X

ROH mat = A

ROH mat = B.

BOM: X parent, with two components A and B.

During Sales order entry or change for FERT "X", the SD system performs an ATP for the FERT.  The SD process automagically creates a 'temporary' Planned/production order.  It then hands the processing over to PP.   During the creation of the PP order, the order checks for the availability of both A and B.  If they are both available, PP automatically reschedules the PP order based upon availability of the latest component.  It then passes control back to SD, which performs an availability check for the Sales Doc based upon the completion date of the temporary PP order. Once you Save the sales order, the 'temporary' PP order is also saved as a 'regular' PP order and linked to the Sales order.

In this way, you can force an SD sales order for a FERT conduct an availability check based upon the availability of ROH materials.

More info at

Assemble-to-order - Demand Management (PP-MP-DEM) - SAP Library

Best Regards,

DB49

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thanks for your reply.

Your suggestion is applicable in assemble to order processing.

Our client is not following Assemble to order or even make to order. The typical production process followed is neither make to order nor make to stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jobi,

Our client is not following Assemble to order or even make to order. The typical production process followed is neither make to order nor make to stock.

Understood, although I am not sure why you are telling me what he has today; since your client has already told you his existing solution is unsatisfactory.  I have described a solution that seems to meet the short list of business requirements that you described in your first post.  I suggest you offer this solution to your client, unless he has already told you that ATO is not acceptable for some other reason not mentioned in your post.

As already mentioned by the other experts Saurabh and Kiran and Mariano,  the requested functionality in general is not supported for MTS in standard ECC.  As always, anything is possible through enhancement or 'workaround', as long as the client has enough time and money, and you have sufficient skills to implement.

If the client is willing to implement APO, which is the standard SAP advanced planning system, such a solution (multi-level availability checking with MTS) is possible as standard.  Within the Global Available To Promise Module of APO there are a couple of ways to get at this type of ATP solution.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

Have you been able to resolved your problem?

Do you have any further question?

If not, please close the thread.

Thanks and Regards,

Mariano

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

The requirement has not been met yet. The client is not willing to change the production process, he is following now.

So we are planning to do custom development through ABAP work.

Please give your experience/ feedback, if anyone has done such a custom development in the past in your projects

Thanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jobi,

Sorry, no experience in this area.  Clients I have had the pleasure of serving elected to avoid the issues that would be raised by embarking on such custom development .

Make sure you get a complete list of all possible availability scenarios while gathering your requirements for this solution.  Otherwise, client acceptance testing of such a solution could end up being.....challenging....for the consulting team.

Hope you can keep us in the loop of how this project progresses.  I for one will be curious.....

Good Luck & Best Regards,

DB49

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

I have never made something like this. It will be a challenge.

Share your progress if you can.

Good luck with it,

Mariano

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jobi,

Do you have any updates on these developments as we all know that this is a challenging requirement for which you opted for custom development.

It would be pleasure to know how you have achieved your requirement so that it would helpful to someone in future.

BR
KK

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Unfortunately, after we have discussed the scope and challenges involved in a custom development, our client has dropped his requirement.

Now we are running the normal sales order level availability check for a section of products, for which we have make to stock strategy.

Thanks

Jobi

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jobi,

Thanks for taking time to update on this Appreciate it.

BR
KK

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear jobi sebastian,

MRP checks at Multiple BOM level. Availability checks considered only your single level BOM.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jobi,

R/3 ATP checks materials availability at order components level only.

If you are talking about cumulative ATP then check considering APO.

Br

KK

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

I am quite sure this check can not be done. Availability Check is only done in the first level, so it only check the FERT.

I would need to understand your buiness process, depending on the time in which you create your orders, you can define a business process to deal with this requirement. E.g.: if your manufacturing plant ensure that 2 weeks of the production plan are frozen and only in these 2 weeks they ensure that only FERT materials without any missing material are scheduled, then you will be able to trust in the availability that you do for the FERT.

I hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Mariano