cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrambling problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am new to TDMS. The basis team implemented TDMS 4, and now it's time for the abap (me) create the crambling rules.

I have read the how-to document, and tried to follow some tutorials, but I encounter this problem every time:

-  In the first screenshot you can see that some of the standard rules have the red status;

- One of the rules I want to create, is to scramble the first name of the employee, but like you can see in the second screenshot, the rule has errors,            wich are strange, the tables are not defined in the ABAP Dictionary.

Can anyone help me please? Would be most thankful!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

this is normal since the system is looking for these tables in your source system, which is your solution Manager?

You need to go to the second tab 'Table Fields' and define a System landscape there.

Kind regards,

Johnny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As mentioned by Johny, you need to assign the landscape to the scrambling rules. Create an RFC destination to the source system or you can use an existing RFC destination to the source system and assign that to the rules. Current status is red because your central system might not have SAP_APPL component.

Thanks,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

We are also facing the similar error in Custom Rule. Even we assigned the proper System Landscape  to the Rule we are getting error that custom object is not present in the ABAP dictionary or object not known to the system.

What should be the issue in the custom rule ? we have created custom DDIC object in TDMS Control System and use the same object in custom rule and tried to simulate the Rule.

Please confirm that the same custom object ( Used in Custom Rule)  also has to be available in source system as wel or only on TDMS Control System. 

Regarrds,

Amit Thakor.

jerrin_francis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

For actual scrambling the objects that you are trying to scramble needs to be in the   source system and receiver system in case of transfer scenario and in the execution system in case of standalone scrambling.

So, if I understand you correctly,  you have created the custom objects in the TDMS Control system and the objects does not exist in the source system. And, additionally you have assigned a landscape to the rule and is trying to simulate the rule.

If my assumption is correct there are three points to look at,

1. From the perspective of simulation you need to have the objects in the source/execution system for the simulation to work.

2. If your intention is just to get the rule status to green, then you can remove the landscape from the rule and do a validation. ( As, landscape is not maintained validation happens against control system the scrambling engine will find the objects).

3.Unless your execution/source system has the custom objects you will not be able to activate this rule in a package.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Regards,

Jerrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerrin,

You got me some what correct, I understand that objects needs to be present in source and target system which are needed to be scrambled.

I am talking about custom scrambling rule and its custom Includes/Routines which are created as a part of Custom Rule. After assigning the system Landscape to the custom rule (which is having custom Include referring to custom Table for mapping & custom routine) and  try to validate it. System is checking these Custom Includes/Tables/Routines in the source system and give error that these custom objects are unknown or not present in ABAP dictionary. 

Please note Custom Table created is for scrambling logic execution and not to be scrambled.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Amit Thakor.