cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submenus - "Free text" in central search (and fuzzy search)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can see on several tutorials that we can get submenus in Central Search for performing attribute or "Free Text" search on a given object. For example, on the last screenshot of the following tutorial Enable full text search using TREX (Embedded Search - Enterprise Search) - CRM - SCN Wiki , I can see that I should be able to do a search on the "City" attribute of the Account object.

I configured everything as told in this tutorial, but I don't get the submenus: I can search on Accounts, Activities, Contatcs, "All Objects" and so on (and it works), but I don't have any submenus with "Free Text" or other object attributes.

So, what do I have to do to get those attrbutes submenus? What am I missing?

What I have:

What I would like to have:

I also have another question: is is possible to perform "fuzzy" search directly in the central search? If yes, what do I have to configure?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Mathieu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

That would help us solve your issue if you would confirm that you can see the submenus when logging into your system with one standard role like SALESPRO. Because as far as I can see, when you "adjust central search objets" in your custom business role, object action "H" stands for "Simple search", whereas object action "F" stands for "Advanced search". So if you want both, you'll need two lines for every object type.

So I would recommend to kindly double check your customizing settings in SPRO >> CRM >> UIFramework >> Business roles >> Define business roles.

Regards,

Nicolas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thank you very much, that was it!

I configured as you said and I get the submenus now!

Anyway, I couldn't find the right component for products (PRD_MATSRV)... Do you know it? Or how to find it? I found the other ones just by guessing the name, as they all follow the same pattern. But it's not the case for component PRD_MATSRV

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nobody else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nobody knows?

sonum_aucharuz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

I have been following the same tutorial to configure the central search.

In order to have the submenus,

1. You need to make sure that the object is defined here:

Customer Relationship Management -> UI Framework -> Technical Role Definition -> Define Central Search

You can have a look at the standard customising entries already present

(for ex. Nav bar profile : SRV-PRO , object type : BP_ACCOUNT)

2. Go to Customer Relationship Management -> UI Framework -> Business Roles -> Define Business Role

Select your Business Role, then click on 'Adjust Central Search Objects'.

The search object should be 'Active' here.

Hope my answer is helpful.

Regards,

Sonum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I already did this. Here are the "Define Central Search" settings for CRM accounts, for example:

Nav Bar ProfileObject TypeObj. ActionUI Component NameSearch ViewComponentExternal Object NameText
ZSLS-PROBP_ACCOUNTHCRM_ES_UI_APPLCRM_ACCOUNT_ESSearch

And they are all active in "Define Business Roles"

Regards,

Mathieu