cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unconvertable Planned orders for components in strategy 50 ?

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i just need a clarification.. as of my knowledge for strategy 50 unconvretable planned orders have to genarte only for the Finished Prodcut but in my case unconvertable planned orders are getting generated for components of main BOM and sub BOM...

scenario is ; i have created a Multilevel BOM with Strategy 50. Maintained PIR For Header and run MRP in MD02 unconvertable Planned ordera are generated for the header and Components.

then i have created Sales order and Run MD50 then convrtable planned orders are generated for the Sales order quantity at all levels of BOM...

sop is this strategy workiung Fine Or is there any Deviation from the standard behaviour.........

Please reply as i have some urjency with this........

thanks&regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat

Please check the Prerequisites for strategy 50

master data for the finished product:

• Strategy group 50 on the MRP screen
  • Consumption parameters (Consumption mode, Bwd consumption, Fwd consumption) so that the independent requirements can be found. If no independent requirements can be found, default values are taken from the MRP group.
    For more information, see
  • Item category group (for example, NORM) on the Sales Organization screen

A BOM is required for the finished product. There are no major implications for the BOM                        components. However, you must maintain the following settings: 

• Set the MRP type to P* (or M*) to plan the components in MRP.
  • You may want to consider setting the Individual/coll. indicator to 2 for a make-to-stock procurement of components in a make-to-order environment.

Please check confirm the above setting in system

Regards

Umesh Mali

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You must set the indicator "individual/collective" to 2 on the material master of the components, in order to have convertible orders.

See this wiki for details:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPMan/Field+

BR

Caetano

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mali,

thank you mali after gigving indiv col req as1 for FG and 2 for all the componenets MRP given convertable Planned orders .

Thank You,

Venkat.

Answers (0)