cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display property value as phrase item (code + text)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I do have a requirement to display in the substance workbench for a phrase enabled property the value as a phrase item (so phrase code + text).

The Hazard statement phrases are setup with phrase text e.g. “Toxic if inhaled” with phrase code “H331”. Using the selection dropdown the phrase item is displayed “H331: Toxic if inhaled.”. But when selected only the phrase text (Toxic if inhaled.) is displayed.

Any idea how to combine the phrase code and text as property value?

Thanks in advance

Theo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Theo

which SAP release do you use? (SAP ERP Enhancement Package 7)?

In any case: by standard in the screen only the "phrase text" is shown. Only if you "open" the "phrase search" dialog you will see phrase code and text; but you will not see if e.g. a "graphic" is assigned to the phrase nor the "phrase note".

You need to understand that EHS is quite flexible. The "con" is only: you must prepare own programming to change the behavior. So if you check customizing (and based on SAP release) you will see that per property some subroutines are "invoked" in customizing; in theory you can exchange them. (check how VATs are defined and how the set up is done).

IN most cases the behaviour you describe (in CG02) is accepted by the users

My recommendation is therefore: don't change the look and feel; to a certain extent you "modify" the SAP delivered solution (from technical point of view it is not ! a modification);

C.B.

PS: keep in ming that by using e.g. output variant you (as user) can see more; but this is not helpful in maintenance mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks C.B.,

We are on SAP ERP EhP 6. Your answer is as I had expected after my research, but I still had hope that I overlooked something. Your explanation is a very welcome confirmation.

Thanks again.

Theo

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Theao

only some add on hints/tipps etc.:

If you would like to maintain something you will in any case use the "F4" fialog to search for the correct phrase; buit if you are only interested in "content" the you should check the output variants es delivered by SAP. It is very commong (best practise)  to have in CG02 on user level two session opened in SAP GUI. One for maintenance purposes and the other for search/output purpose.

Therefore: out put variant "EXCEL", "VALUATION", "SUB_OUTPUT" are quite helpful (and if I remember correct they show code and phrase tex).

C.B.

Answers (0)